Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
We had far more interest in both competitions when it was ear-marked to be shot on a certain day or inside a certain week as it was something of an event that we all looked forward to - a proper occasion ( we don't get out much over here) - but now the urgency has been lost and it can be shot wherever and whenever anyone should happen to feel like it the interest has sagged.

Youve got your new sewer opening! Mike (Swales) is the only one showing interest at the mo (and me & him are nip and tuck).

Shooting at anytime up until a closure date is good for postal competitions but not so good for live club competitions IMO and from what I can see happening in the club.

Live? At RMTC? Tramps vest springs to my mind. So post me your results!

We have ALWAYS accommodated anyone that was unable to shoot on time for any reason .....

Then accomodate them and let them shoot ANY TIME in the month. Pretend they are going away (Strangeways?)

We will give the RMTC members the option to take part when they feel like it or in a certain week (as we have done since both competitions first started) and see what they want to do.

Hallelujah! Were getting there.

We are very flexible and only want to encourage new-comers (in particular) to take part in these club competitions, but I also believe the old saying "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" still has a lot of wisdom behind it

But it IS broke. Entries were dwindling with no entries for June, July or August.

If you prefer to shoot this competition at the Rivy Club in a more relaxed atmosphere with no time pressure then that is OK with me (and your scores should be a little better for it too).

Have you tried getting on our 10m range with all the other pistol compts, 10m rifle compts, bell target, plinkers, plonkers ..... 'Relaxed' is not a word I would use. Reluctant is more appropriate.

Rivvy has more experienced pistol shooters than we have in our small club and they would probably not get as many "match nerves" as our relative newcomers or your newcomers would have on a designated "match night" so it should make no difference to them either way - but the less experienced club members from both clubs will notice a significant difference.

Match nerves are still there. Believe me.
So, is it anytime during THAT month? If you want to restrict your members to 'Match Nights' on certain weeks - thats fine by me, as long as I have your results by midnight on the last day. Ive got to be strict on that otherwise the months merge and I get (easily) confused.

ATB
Ian