Thread: The pellet thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK, don't laugh, but I was given half a tin of .22 Spitfires, so I decided to try them in the 19GR as I was running low on ammo in that calibre. While they are far from a premium brand, they were a lot better than expected, with no obviously deformed pellets or swarf in the tin - and the 19GR really likes them, (more so than some of the expensive brands that I've tried). Might actually buy a couple of tins, as they're available locally for less than a fiver. More than good enough for plinking....

The pellet thread!

Hi rabbitwrecker when I have bought a rifle from my RFD they always insist on giving me a tin of Spitfire pellets. Hmm I thought these look pretty crap but to my surprise they grouped really well at 20 to 25 yds. we always hear of how Spitfire pellets are rubbish but believe it or not they are quiet good to shoot with.

The pellet thread!

I have the Grand Slam 1250 5.5mm. Been tuned and trigger worked on. The Defiant Orgive 16gr gives consistent accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    OK, don't laugh, but I was given half a tin of .22 Spitfires, so I decided to try them in the 19GR as I was running low on ammo in that calibre. While they are far from a premium brand, they were a lot better than expected, with no obviously deformed pellets or swarf in the tin - and the 19GR really likes them, (more so than some of the expensive brands that I've tried). Might actually buy a couple of tins, as they're available locally for less than a fiver. More than good enough for plinking....
    I've fired a few tins of spitfires, my nemeses and my paratrooper both seem happy with them. Mind you, it's under 10 range. Ive cleaned, clubbed an sorted thru a few tins, an they're Ok. Not a quality pellet, but for plinking they will do.

My hk 97 kt likes air arms Diabolos, an rws superdomes.

Rick