Thread: Air Rifle for 25yard Prone Shooting.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, I tried it today to see what it was like, and it seemed to go ok. I made a foresight adaptor up for my Steyr Hunting 5, fitted a set of Anschutz Sights to it, and made the fore-end deeper, fitted an accessory rail then mounted a Bi Pod and FWB Handstop. It was all a bit rushed but I managed to get maybe 100 shots off today, but a few small changes need making to it (a job for next week). My next step will be shooting prone with a scope and sorting out best performance pellets and establishing a scoring baseline for comparing my Diopter Sights scores with (I would post piccies of the modified Steyr, but don't know how to do so).

Then, at some point in the future if I carry on with Prone Air I'll look at buying a Match Air Rifle, the saving on rimfire ammo costs would pay for it in a couple of years.

Vic Thompson.

Prone air rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Well, I tried it today to see what it was like, and it seemed to go ok. I made a foresight adaptor up for my Steyr Hunting 5, fitted a set of Anschutz Sights to it, and made the fore-end deeper, fitted an accessory rail then mounted a Bi Pod and FWB Handstop. It was all a bit rushed but I managed to get maybe 100 shots off today, but a few small changes need making to it (a job for next week). My next step will be shooting prone with a scope and sorting out best performance pellets and establishing a scoring baseline for comparing my Diopter Sights scores with (I would post piccies of the modified Steyr, but don't know how to do so).

Then, at some point in the future if I carry on with Prone Air I'll look at buying a Match Air Rifle, the saving on rimfire ammo costs would pay for it in a couple of years.

Vic Thompson.
    As far as I know you can shoot Benchrest competition targets from the prone position.
    The ukBR22 allow this for their postal comps. John F.