Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

That's a great help thanks. It sounds like the same Steve, he said to use a stronger sear spring. I think I'll try and find a shorter screw, are these Metric screws? The 3 barrel securing screws might be M5 and the 2 breech to cylinder M6.

uiooloa Guest
    How did you manage to rebuild it on your own? It is a miracle for me, really. I am a big fan of guns of all types, but it only with regard to active use. But I am a complete loser when it comes to any remodeling. Where are you from? I would love to ask you to do something with my older guns. I am from https://worldcams.tv/netherlands/amsterdam/dam-square if you are interested.
    Last edited by uiooloa; 18-07-2021 at 10:14 AM.

The wood stock versions have been discontinued but the plastic versions will still be fine and durable. Check there won't be any hold ups with UK customs if you do order one.

Quote Originally Posted by uiooloa View Post
    I don't think I've visited that site before, it says wood stock models are out of stock but they have the plastic ones.

m6 from what i remember
    i have one in a box i got ready to convert ,i'm going in there to get some falcon parts out so i'll get it out

Thanks Ped you're always very helpful, I've ordered some grub screws to try.

The Birchwood Casey bluing kit arrived today. I've had success in the past with this on Crosman tubes and hopefully the metal on the Sharp will also like it, but it can be a bit hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    m6 from what i remember
    i have one in a box i got ready to convert ,i'm going in there to get some falcon parts out so i'll get it out

The barrel was in better condition but the pump tube could have done with more sanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post

The barrel was in better condition but the pump tube could have done with more sanding.
    That looks great from pics
    Last edited by MartynB; 18-07-2021 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Spelling...
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

it does
    i was chatting with Steve yesterday and he won't be getting anymore of the cnc'd parts from Indonesia
    he has just got more breech's front plugs and pump levers which is a shame but at least a few more innova's will be made better

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    it does
    i was chatting with Steve yesterday and he won't be getting anymore of the cnc'd parts from Indonesia
    he has just got more breech's front plugs and pump levers which is a shame but at least a few more innova's will be made better
    Out of interest, how much were the breack blocks ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

i can find out i think he might be putting some on

The Breeches do feel very nice and as Ped said it will keep your Innova alive. I think they are around £100.

I'll try a shorter grub screw and if I can find one a stronger sear spring. I really need to get the trigger sorted out.

Its helpful to have a clean work area so you don't lose any tiny parts, a schematic diagram and online tutorials. If it's the first time stripping a gun, taking photos along the way will help when you put it back together.

It's amazing the performance that can be had from just a clean, polish and fresh seals. It's also satisfying doing it yourself and if you get stuck there's very knowledgeable members that are willing to advise.

Quote Originally Posted by uiooloa View Post
    How did you manage to rebuild it on your own? It is a miracle for me, really. I am a big fan of guns of all types, but it only with regard to active use. But I am a complete loser when it comes to any remodeling. Where are you from? I would love to ask you to do something with my older guns. I am from https://worldcams.tv/netherlands/amsterdam/dam-square if you are interested.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 18-07-2021 at 03:09 PM.

i've just pulled out my other ally breech and i think i altered the trigger spring set up by using a much smaller spring (from a pen i think) and i made a brass insert to replicate the innova one
    the breech i tapped a larger size
    i'll make you one through the week if you'd like

Great work Ped that looks exactly what's needed! It just doesn't seem right at the moment.

I'd appreciate that if you find the time.

Wow, that Innova is going to be super nice.
    I must admit that I like to keep things original, but I understand that this gun will probably live longer than my ones with the plastic parts still in place.
    The TR Robb pump head: please bin it. Now. LOL. I spent so much time, energy and money on trying to get mine to work well. Totally useless imo. A pump cup is the way to go in an Innova.