Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10M airpistol recomemdations

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbobeng View Post
    also if he gives it up i can stick some bigger grips on it and use it my self,Ive got the bug as well its great that i can participate in a sport with my son
    Good decision to go for an LP2 compact, could be expensive though as you will probably end up with two!
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Talking pistol

Maybe you cant aoutshoot a Rohm but you can blame it for a poor shot, you cant blame the pistol when you have a Steyr.

I don't know if this is of interest to you:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....24#post4778424

It will take many years of practice to outshoot it (when the olympics are beckoning!) and they are 'collectable' now so if you get tired of it you can sell it for what it cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno1972 View Post
    I don't know if this is of interest to you:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....24#post4778424

It will take many years of practice to outshoot it (when the olympics are beckoning!) and they are 'collectable' now so if you get tired of it you can sell it for what it cost you.
    I bought one of those on here last year, cased with all accessories and loads of spares.

Maybe I should keep quiet on what I paid for it

Steyr doesnt group well?

I find that hard to swallow! There are four Steyrs at my club and all four test cards are similar in that they are no more than 3mm bigger than a single pellet shot. I would suggest that the shooter doesnt group well!

I said, MY Steyr doesnt group well. It obviously has a problem. Cant get its groups any smaller than about 1-1.5cm at 10m rested.. So évery pistol can have problems, steyr's too.
    But I generally dont agree that you cán blame a Rohm, but cant blame a Steyr;
    the Rohm is VERY accurate, as are Steyrs,
    no shooter can outshoot either so no shooter can blame either for bad shots. Thats either a pellet(=shooter) or shooter problem.
    ATB,
    yana

hwtyger
    I'm gonna ask you, on what pellets you got this group 1,5 cm??
    Tested you few kinds of pellets??
    Regards
    Pacek

I use the pellets its shot with in the factory with the factory testgroup.
    Either RWS R10 or H&N Finale match.
    Doesnt really matter, its on its way to the factory now anyway..
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by bigbobeng View Post
    also if he gives it up i can stick some bigger grips on it and use it my self,Ive got the bug as well its great that i can participate in a sport with my son
    And that's a very important consideration.

My lad is losing interst in 10m pistol in favour of sporting clay shooting which, TBH, was always his main interest. After about a year, he really doesn't want to continue next season.

Not a bad price for this one:-

Walther LP300

approx 120gms heavier than the Steyr LP2 Compact.

Rod

lp300

Indeed, quite nice

I sold my LP300. For ME, it was too heavy overall, but too light up front. Couldnt hold it still. Great grip though, FAR better than those new steyr's VERY thin grips..Feels like holding a pencil.
    Best 1 to hold still of the one's 1 had/have withóut barrelshroud , are the morini and Tau 7. Very much like my hammerli AP40 too. Not too expensive as well. E900 new, as is the morini 162M.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Air Arms Alpha aren't bad as an introductory pistol
    The Air Arms Alpha is way overpriced for what it is.

The Alfa Sport CO2 is a good pistol to start with, at half the price or less s/h, as is the Tau. Don't forget the Aeron CO2 either. Don't listen to the doom mongers about CO2; there's nothing wrong with it.

There's nothing wrong with these Czech guns at all and while the Steyr is obviously something to aspire to, the Czechs will outshoot most club shooters. The Mutt behind the butt syndrome!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

wellhouse0 Guest

morini

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I sold my LP300. For ME, it was too heavy overall, but too light up front. Couldnt hold it still. Great grip though, FAR better than those new steyr's VERY thin grips..Feels like holding a pencil.
    Best 1 to hold still of the one's 1 had/have withóut barrelshroud , are the morini and Tau 7. Very much like my hammerli AP40 too. Not too expensive as well. E900 new, as is the morini 162M.
    second the morini 162ei, great pistol. if its good enough for the likes of olympic shooters then it'll outshoot most people. its all about what feels right in the hand then the rest is practice, practice, practice

I'll second that about CO2: I stíll shoot best groups with the Tau 7, not with my aeron, steyr or morini It holds my personal record as well, with the 162 a close second.
    ATB,
    yana