Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
You are clearly a man of taste I have a 25mm Pro Elite and a 24mm HW80 - love them both. And a reduced stroke 85 (proper old school 95) - also excellent.

For the HC, the tune is simple.. Throw away the heavy piston weight, and reduce the piston itself to around 200g. Get a longer latch rod made up (ISP do them) and set the stroke for 86mm (if .177, std mk2 83mm for .22). To make it a little softer, sleeve the trans port down from 3.8 to 3.4, or shorten it. If you have the lathe skills, a new piston nose and an HW seal is the icing on the cake (but needs to be done before you trim the piston rod). Trust me, that'll put it into the right zone

Finally, whilst no springer, the HW90 is a great shooter. I do worry slightly about the trigger, but no more so that the Walther's. It's just not Rekord / CD class.
Hi John

Many thanks for your tips on my TX200HC 0.177

I have fitted a Mk 2 Piston, factory Mk2 spring, TB spring guide and Top Hat and fitted a standard AA Seal - I was using a V-Mach seal previously.

This morning the change in feel of the TX, just by changing to a standard AA seal was unbelievable compared to the set up using the V-Mach seal.

I shall continue with the journey by reducing the piston weight and making the mods to the TP.

Cheers Steve