Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kral Puncher NP-02

Kral Puncher NP-02

I picked one of these up at the Northern Shooting Show , or should I say we picked up two.
    My mate needed no persuading as soon as he saw this rifle , but myself being a little more cautious lasted all of ten minutes before making my purchase .
    The look and style are very similar to the FX Verminator mk1 with a tube under the barrel and a bottle that becomes the stock at the rear. A rather nice Turkish walnut pistol grip houses the trigger . Although the trigger appears to be single stage only , it is not unpredictable like some cheaper spring rifles . You get the feel of it quite quickly as is demonstrated on Blackpool air rifles Facebook page , where they have emptied a 14 shot magazine through a ragged hole .
    The rifle fills to 200 bar and despite having over 500 cc air capacity the shot count is quoted as 200. I have not yet counted how many shots I get, but let's just say it's a lot , a heck of a lot .
    The rifle has a side lever to the left which is great for us south paws and not that bad for a right handed shooter either.
    Initially having read previous reviews about Kral punchers I was a little sceptical to say the least . However I must point out that these reviews were about the Puncher Breaker not this fine rifle the Puncher NP-02.
    The only minor issue that I have found is setting the scope to get enough eye relief.
    I got around this issue by fitting a Nikko Panamax scope with enough relief. You could also use adjustable or reach back mounts .
    The rifle chronoed at 11.6 ft / lbs and is as accurate as the person behind it . Tiny spinners at 60 yards , ragged holes on paper .
    In the field it proved itself completely. Matched with a 3 point sling to carry it , it felt no weight at all .
    It happily dealt with both rabbits and woodpigeons with ease . I'm sure it would also prove to be an excellent Ratter as well .
    On the evening we spent in the field it rained , and rained . Once back indoors the little rifle had a wipe over with an oily cloth and was left overnight to dry out . A good wipe all round with ballistol oil and it looks like new .
    This is looking like an extremely good buy for the £349 that we paid and a welcome addition in the collection. It comes with 2 magazines , fill probe and a hard case.
    An even better offer here , that I have no connection with , but it does give the specs
    https://www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk/...-rifle-177-22/
    Last edited by Alakar; 03-06-2018 at 08:32 AM.

I'm glad you are pleased with it Alan and being a proud owner of a breaker also pleased to hear Kral being mentioned in a positive way, quite rare unfortunately. I do like the styling on yours for hunting and for the money looks hard to beat for budget pcp. What pellets are you using and is it pellet fussy. My breaker .177 loves bisley mags.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    What pellets are you using and is it pellet fussy. My breaker .177 loves bisley mags.
    Funny you should ask .
    Mine is zeroed on JSB heavies and absolutely loves them . Doesn't half make a mess.
    My mate zeroed using both JSB and Bisley magnums with ease .
    No difference really .

Every gun likes bisley mags! I like the look of the marine model £350 at sports guns. Don't think anyone local to us sells them?

They are brought in by Rangeright of Harrogate , but you have to buy them via a RFD.
    I'd ring Lloyd at B.A.R and see if he can get you one , or the chap at Boyces .
    Other people are advising giving the barrel a good clean before use.

Is this the one you mean ?
    http://www.range-right.co.uk/products/ag56
    Looks nice , metalwork on them is anodised rather than blued . You won't notice if you scratch it

That's a nice looking little package, I see it also comes in .25 so short, fast handling, large shot capacity & a hefty thump should make it an ultimate rat rifle.

Sadly . It appears that the importers have no plans to stock .25
    Calibre is obviously a personal choice , but I've got to say my .177 using JSB heavies packs a punch .
    It's dropped everything that I've asked of it.
    I took my HW100 out last night and while they are two different rifles , I missed the little Puncher .
    I may have to go out with one on each shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Is this the one you mean ?
    http://www.range-right.co.uk/products/ag56
    Looks nice , metalwork on them is anodised rather than blued . You won't notice if you scratch it
    Yes that's the one. This would sell by the bucket load if Kral had a better reputation. Despite having good experience with the breaker I can't help feeling I've been lucky and I'm still a bit wary, let me know if you selling yours!

Hi mate, lovely looking rifle. Is the scope rail on it a weaver/ picatinny type of a normal rail?

Normal dovetail rail on it .
    Some pictures show a weaver / picatinny type rail underneath for accessories.

Cheers mate, quite interested in one of these

Just put a deposit down on one, picking it up this weekend whilst I'm at the boinger bash

Enjoy it ,
    I can't put mine down .

Great review Alan, i will get one in .177 as i think it will be a great Nv airgun
    atb brian