Thread: Air Rifle Bench Rest Competition Shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    The Feinwerkbau P70 is the most accurate sub 12 ft/lb air rifle I have ever used. I have put in a couple of 5 shot groups at 25 yards indoor which an unfired pellet (JSB Exact) would not drop through.
    Is this the FT version or 10m, would 6 ft/lb group Ok at 25yd indoors. I have on a good day shot 9mm c/c groups at 50m with a P70 ft rested on a sandbag. I think it is hard to beat for ultimate accuracy.
    Make every shot count.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    I score the club targets in the UKBR22 postal league and have seen peoples scores and the way they score ie no. of 10x's as opposed to just 10's improve over the last two seasons. Most people have shot S400s at one time or another and upgraded to supposedly better kit to find their averages drop. Unless you want to shoot unlimited (stock puts you at a disadvantage and nothing else in my opinion as the trigger is workable) an AA S400 will take some beating.(Why have I just bought aSteyr?) It makes the weight for all classes but time will tell if I need to go back to the 400 which due to getting it regged imminentley disqualifies it from my main two classes.

The rules on the UKBR22 site under the airgun section explain what you can use for the different classes.

Find a routine if your rifles not regged that maintains your sweet spot and watch that parrallax/head position. The right pellet for your barrell is really emphasised when shooting these targets as single hole groups need to be really tight and one pellet on a target really shows up any shortcoming in pellet fit. Good glass. Discover your rifles accurracy quirks.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

bench rest

Could anyone confirm the distance in the NSRA/Eley comp.bench rest competition
    Is it 25 yards or 25 metres?

Also in the Eley bench rest competition, are the airguns and rimfire guns in the same class?

My club have just commissioned a new 25 yard indoor range for 25 yard rimfire and 20 yard Sport Rifle and Air Pistol. Air rifle bench rest sounds appealing especially to older guys(like me) who find prone rimfire too much hard work and tough on the elbows

Any info regarding this discipline would really be appreciated(in the thread or by pm)
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

I believe that the NSRA/Eley benchrest can be shot over a variety of distances using the appropriate NSRA proportionate targets. Certainly 25 yard and 20 yard are included. I think that you can buy these targets in smallish quantities eg 100
    Look on the NSRA shop section of their website.
    You can also enter a lot of the Lightweight sport rifle contests using an air rifle. I have entered the Hendon league for both open sights and any sights. See the NSRA rulebook for their air rifle definition for LSR

air rifle bench rest

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post
    I believe that the NSRA/Eley benchrest can be shot over a variety of distances using the appropriate NSRA proportionate targets. Certainly 25 yard and 20 yard are included. I think that you can buy these targets in smallish quantities eg 100
    Look on the NSRA shop section of their website.
    You can also enter a lot of the Lightweight sport rifle contests using an air rifle. I have entered the Hendon league for both open sights and any sights. See the NSRA rulebook for their air rifle definition for LSR
    Many thanks norm
    John
    hold me back !!

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon25 View Post
    Is this the FT version or 10m, would 6 ft/lb group Ok at 25yd indoors. I have on a good day shot 9mm c/c groups at 50m with a P70 ft rested on a sandbag. I think it is hard to beat for ultimate accuracy.

It was an FT version.
    Not sure about the 6ft/lb version but I think it should be ok as I have shot a 5 ft/lb air pistol at 20 yards successfully.

air arms hft 500

I shoot a air arms hft 500 in benchrest it has won me over twenty comps in the last three years I use jsb premium short skirt 8-44 grains

I've shot bench rest at 20 yards using my Walther LGR with a Hawk 4-12x50 and the NSRA scaled down 20 yard targets.
    I'm seriously looking at getting a PCP, as cocking the LGR is a pain each time.
    Walther LG400 appeals but would like to know if it would have enough power to shoot over 20 yards given its really designed for 10m.
    Also re Hendon league am I right to assume it can be shot with a .177 but then outward gauged as .22?
    cheers

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Holy thread resurrection Batman Over 10 years old this one!!!
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by pellet god View Post
    I shoot a air arms hft 500 in benchrest it has won me over twenty comps in the last three years I use jsb premium short skirt 8-44 grains
    May I ask what scope you are using on the HFT for your BR, I am using my HFT for some BR and loving it.

I like my BR shooting,but when it comes up for discussion on here who is shooting what league?
    Do you shoot using a rear support?or not?
    What target are you shooting at? County type, NSRA OR UK22?
    Distance, 20 or 25 yds?
    Does the final score differentiate between the 20yds and 25yds?
    Does your league mix air and rim fire together?
    And i am sure there are more out there, so when some one says i shoot 210 regularly, on what and under who's rules?
    Discuss?
    Don.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    I like my BR shooting,but when it comes up for discussion on here who is shooting what league?
    Do you shoot using a rear support?or not?
    What target are you shooting at? County type, NSRA OR UK22?
    Distance, 20 or 25 yds?
    Does the final score differentiate between the 20yds and 25yds?
    Does your league mix air and rim fire together?
    And i am sure there are more out there, so when some one says i shoot 210 regularly, on what and under who's rules?
    Discuss?
    Don.
    I agree with you Don, i think Bench Rest is over complicated and needs simplification. Throw yourself into the deep end and come and shoot head to head and get involved
    See here:
    https://www.portisheadshootingclub.c...ons/index.html