Thread: Keeper pistols - what are they and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    My keepers are my Brococks.....i have a couple of Prototypes and a good selection...totaly unreplacable..
    Great fun to shoot too
    Which Brococks? The TACs or one of the PCP jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by oling View Post
    Which Brococks? The TACs or one of the PCP jobs?
    I have a lot all Air Cartridge ......

My .177 Webley Tempest. First ever proper air-gun I ever fired ( at the tender age of 45 )

I couldn't believe how cool it felt & how much I enjoyed it. I still remember it being there when I got home from work & then trudging into the garage in winter to try it & see if it was ok - it was

It's not the best condition gun I have, but I associate that feeling with it, so it's a keeper

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I have a lot all Air Cartridge ......
    well they would be keepers would they not as it is against the law to sell them except for scrap or perhaps export having said that I wish that I had got a Pietta air cattridge colt 45 revolver before they they banned them the Umerex ones are ok but not a patch on the real blued steel ones.

Forgot to add my all time keeper is my all steel .22 Webley Premier unfortunately not blued just black coated but in mint condition when I got it about twelve years ago I stripped it and gave it a good going over with molly paste and it works as good as new I do wish that it was a little more powerful but I suppose we can never have everything.
    Last edited by beagle2; 28-01-2017 at 09:58 AM.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    My only "keeper" is the Crosman 1300 that my mum bought me for Xmas around 1977.
    I sometimes try and convince myself that one or other of my Webleys is a keeper, but my Webley collection is on about its sixth incarnation now, so..... It really is only myself I'm kidding.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    All of them, as I'm terrible at selling anything
    But if pushed...I would have to keep my FWB65, Diana mod.6, and the LP53. Bury them with me.
    They are all quality classics that will probably never be equalled.
    Good deals with these members

Mine is a boxed d series premier I bought 34 years for a tenner, it started a 25year collection of webleys that I sadly had to sell after a financial crisis after a divorce! It still shoots very well and was used for dispatch in my shotgun days. Still gets an airing at the club. ive made my son promise never to sell it!

[QUOTE=eyebull;7185987]All of them, as I'm terrible at selling anything
    But if pushed...I would have to keep my FWB65, Diana mod.6, and the LP53. Bury them with me.
    They are all quality classics that will probably never be equalled.[/QUOTE

Health and Safety Rules forbid burial with weapons unless you can prove Viking Ancestry and provide boat, archers and flaming arrows.

And I know I shouldn't call airguns weapons but otherwise the joke doesn't work.

Keeper(s)

Mine is my Crosman 1322 Medalist, bought in 1982 for £20 and has only just needed new valve seals !
    I had a .22 Webley Hurricane (inc the box) which I sold and regret