Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I've tried various brands although, when they were working, Umarex seemed to be the ones giving the least trouble.

I tend to use all of my guns a lot and am convinced that the blowback BB pistols are really not up to the job for any continued length of time.

Non blowbacks are fine as are all of my other CO2 pistols. As mentioned the old Crosman 600 and 451 are just fine as are the 2 Benjamins, Makarov and Webley MkV1. I have a 2240, 2250 and 2250XL as well as an SMK QB78 - no problems at all despite extensive use and I have yet to have a seal go (just a matter of time) or had any other problem.

The thing is I do LIKE the blowback action (when it works) am not worried about the amount of gas "wasted" in the action - the 451 manages about 20 shots! Whilst I will make do with having some nice static models I don't think I will be buying any more potential ones.
I like the 600, 677 and 451, but none of them give a lot of power output as standard due to the lost energy. For good performance the Challenger Arms Plainsman and the Schimel are top of the collectable legal league. Some new non-blowback repeater pistols also produce some good fps.

Baz