Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
Its to do with the safety, there were four of the lads looking at it at one time, the cause i'm sure is that its the wrong spring which was suggested by the lads at in the end.

As you know i am a pillock when it comes to remembering names, there was Phil, Tony and two others, Richard the Newbie and the other guy that was sat a couple of places to our right, sorry mate I can't for the life of me remember your name. Then there was a visitor who Tony and Mick were talking to, Paul was his first name, again can't remember his surname, but he is a guru on airguns apparently, writes about them in one of the magazines, a very nice bloke, he had a go and we thought he had fixed it but on the second attempt at shooting the gun it failed again.
The problem is that when you depress the safety to shoot the gun the safety goes in ok but when you depress it and wont allow the gun to be fired. You have to touch the safety again holding it in slightly then and it works.

Im going to get a proper spring, but before I my son Paul is going to have a look to see if the my 97 spring works in it.

Cheers

Mel
Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
TW. Chambers & Co. are showing a Safety Spring for a 35 (I assume it'll fit the Export version?) Ref. CS 126 for £4.32 in stock Mel !

That jolly fine chap we were talking with was none other than Neil Price, Mel. Now retired gunsmith but he still writes the technical strip-down and fettling guides for Airgunner Magazine.

That safety spring shown on the Chambers site will be incorrect methinks, John, with Mel's gun having the "single sided" safety. I wonder if Protek may have one? Or, as the chaps were saying, if you could source another little spring (I think the chaps were saying that there was a little recess for the spring to fit in?).