Thread: Is this a good deal?

Question Is this a good deal?

I am looking to buy either an lgu or a tx200, a gun dealer near to me is offering package deals-Lgu master .177 +hawk 3-12x50 ir ao scope,gunbag and 500 vmx pellets for £460 or a tx200 mk 111 with the same options for£535,are these good deals? and which would you go for?:

Price is what it is. Personally I would go for the TX200 though.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Just my thoughts on it.

Why not buy a 2nd hand TX and save £100+ on the list price? circa £275
    A decent scope can be picked up reasonably inexpensively £75 - £100
    A tin of pellets £10
    Bag £25

Savings to be made if you dont mind spending a bit of time looking.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Quote Originally Posted by al308 View Post
    I am looking to buy either an lgu or a tx200, a gun dealer near to me is offering package deals-Lgu master .177 +hawk 3-12x50 ir ao scope,gunbag and 500 vmx pellets for £460 or a tx200 mk 111 with the same options for£535,are these good deals? and which would you go for?:
    The prices are decent, if it's the right rifle & scope for you. Both the Walther and AA are quality products, I find the Walther stock dimensions don't work well for me, the AA's anti-bear trap drives me nuts etc. Something that niggles one person is unnoticed/irrelevant to another...there's no substitute for handling and trying out equipment.

The best place to do that is at the Halloween Boinger Bash , which is just down the road from you. £10 for a day might be the best cash you ever spend on airgunning, you'll get to compare more rifles & scopes than any shop and there are often second hand items for sale too. Its a good way to buy-right the first time.

The scope is heavy (24ozs) on a heavy rifle, it's a spec I've owned but didn't like. IR's have their use, but not that often, likewise 50mm objective and whilst AO gives you focus it's a bit of a pain compared to side focus. Try a few different scopes and I think you might find something preferable... probably.

Hope that helps rather than clouding the issue.

ps. You chose the right calibre.

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Always or nearly always sound advice on here.

I have both of these rifles and they are both wonderful rifles to shoot, the LGU is very similar in many ways but it is a lot quieter to shoot. A couple of things to think of is firstly which rifle feels the nicest when you pick it up, and shoot it. Then the package includes a scope. Is that scope really the type you want. You get some pellets with the package are they the right one for the rifle. The best thing to do would be, find out precisely what you are getting, find out how much they are to buy individually then see how the package compares to that. But before you buy, see if you can try, then you will know. All the best, Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you have to ask, then no.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Posts 4 and 6 sum it up nicely for me.

And, as 18Wheeler suggests, with you being local, try and get along to the Boinger Bash. You'll meet many springer fans there and have the opportunity to try many guns. And talk guns and scopes to your heart's content, hopefully helping to guide you towards the right rifle FOR YOU.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Those prices aren't too bad. But as everyone else has said, you need to pick the guns up and look through the scopes to decide what is best.
    The first air rifle I bought from new came with a scope. After about a week I bought a new scope anyway so it actually worked out more expensive.

What kind of shooting are you planning on doing? If you will be going to a range and shooting past 40 yards, a half mil-dot scope might be better.
    Also do you need a 50mm objective scope? I used to have one but it just looked wrong and seemed too much weight that high above the action. I use a 4-12x40 on my TX200 and looking out to 60 yards is fine.

Also have you thought about a HW77 or 97. I'm sure they would fall in the same price range

Will try and get to the boinger bash,are dogs on leads allowed there/

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yes, and kids.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Are they good deals ? - Well that depends, firstly is it what you want if that's the package you want and cheaper than you can buy elsewhere then Yes.
    But if it's not the package you want, then unless it's hugely cheaper than market price, 20-25% off, I don't see how it's a good deal

Also if you don't need/want the extra bits I can't see the point, just buy the rifle.

Deals like this are to shift the "big profit item" the rifle , the scope, bag & pellets are probably at break even value so that he can make the profit by selling the rifle effectively at it's RRP.

Excellent!

You'll absolutely love it if you can make it and doggy/doggies most certainly welcome, like The Tinster says.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!