Thread: Is there anyone on the forum who doesn't have a HW80

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

If you like break-barrel springers there is the 95 and the 99 and those are both better choices for this country.

The 80 had its moment in the sun, and I'm sure if I lived in the US or somewhere without a power limit I would have one. But for the UK it would be better to have say, a custom Super Sport or somethink.
    I own two 95s, two 99s and a 98. Love them all, too.

But, for many out there, a "proper" HW has the screw in end block. Putting the Predator aside, as it's a reduced cylinder Lazaglide, my two other 80s are "standard" Venom tuned. And the .22 one was my trusty, go-to hunting rifle for many years. Very smooth cycle, accurate and forgiving. Not used the old girl for a long while now as I don't hunt, but it really did ought to come out for a play sometime soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I own two 95s, two 99s and a 98. Love them all, too.

But, for many out there, a "proper" HW has the screw in end block. Putting the Predator aside, as it's a reduced cylinder Lazaglide, my two other 80s are "standard" Venom tuned. And the .22 one was my trusty, go-to hunting rifle for many years. Very smooth cycle, accurate and forgiving. Not used the old girl for a long while now as I don't hunt, but it really did ought to come out for a play sometime soon.
    Did you know Tone - regarding the skinny 95/98 actions (and I assume the 50/99), B.B. Pelletier reckons:

The thin tube causes shooters to take one precaution that isn’t required on other R-series rifles. If you tighten the scope bases too tight, you’ll temporarily squeeze the tube into an oval.
    From here: https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2010...man-r9-part-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Did you know Tone - regarding the skinny 95/98 actions (and I assume the 50/99), B.B. Pelletier reckons:

I'll have a little look at that shortly, young Phil.

I do like his articles and often look in, but he does drop the odd goolie!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

I wondered about that, I think it is nonsense. More likely to stretch the bolts. The 11 mm section of the cylinder isn't going to crimp up like that.

HW had just bought out BSF and probably just fancied having a go with a BSF type sight mount, maybe one of the BSF staff had something to do with the origin of the Old School 85?