Thread: Tasty "NEW" Webley SSP Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    This is so cool!
    Get several thousand air pistol shooterstogether in a club and suddenly people are talking to us!
    Well done Jim & Paddy & anyone else involved,
    This is great news!
    Nick

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Fully with you on that one Nick.

To paraphrase Wolfy Smith "Power to the Pistol Shooters"

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    Fully with you on that one Nick.

To paraphrase Wolfy Smith "Power to the Pistol Shooters"

Paul
    Your showing your age there Paul

This does look like a good pistol, and if it feels as good as the Gamo Compact and is as well made and has a nice trigger like the HW40, then they could be onto a winner, even at the RRP they are asking.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    This is so cool!
    Get several thousand air pistol shooterstogether in a club and suddenly people are talking to us!
    Well done Jim & Paddy & anyone else involved,
    This is great news!
    Nick
    Hi Nick & thanks

As soon as I was told that there may be some technical guys coming along I automatically thought of you

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Actually it is very nice.

I went to the midland game fair with the old fella and he was very interested in this pistol. The beardy guy from Webley who was overseeing it was excellent. When we arrived in the morning of the first day he had 30 with him, these had gone by the time the old geezer decided to put his hand in his pocket at lunchtime!
    That said he did let us all have a play with the display model. It's great in the hand, very pointable, completely recoilless and seemingly of a very good build quality.
    I've got a significant birthday coming up and I live in hope that the 'bread knife' won't object to another gun in the house!

Thumbs up Alecto pistol

Read on a different forum that following an e mail,Webley stated that the .177 version will be in the gunshops in november with .22 early in new year
    ...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    It looks like an HW 40 with a base attached to the grip.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

It does, but the key thing about it for me, the Unique Selling Point, is that it is single or multi-pump. If what I've read is to be believed, 1 stroke for around 3 ft.lbs, 2 for about 4.5 and 3 for 5 ft.lbs.

Multi-pump pistols in the past, like the Crosman, just about get a pellet out of the barrel on one pump, needing at least 2 or 3 to get a usable velocity.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    It does, but the key thing about it for me, the Unique Selling Point, is that it is single or multi-pump. If what I've read is to be believed, 1 stroke for around 3 ft.lbs, 2 for about 4.5 and 3 for 5 ft.lbs.

Multi-pump pistols in the past, like the Crosman, just about get a pellet out of the barrel on one pump, needing at least 2 or 3 to get a usable velocity.
    Interesting. A high-quality multi-stroke pneumatic. I always though of MSP's as toys.

(DUCK now, to avoid the incoming! )

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The Alecto's original guise was as a 'Zoraki' from 'Atak Arms' of Turkey.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 21-10-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Of Course the best thing about the Alecto is

WE GET TO SHOOT IT THIS WEEKEND
    I'm looking forward to putting her through her paces and doing a review for the next UBC Article

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)