Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    The pin to burst your bubble is that if it was all about votes there would have been no need for it to be taken to court, they could have just revoked them when he phoned them up and told them what a wonderful vote winning idea he'd come up with. :rollseyes
    Having read up on this today, particularly the actual case that was being brought, I accept I was wrong As I understand it, the GLs have been temporarily revoked while NE gets its house in order. The case to be brought was that NE was issuing licences that were not IAW UK law...so NE are temporarily suspending until they can make sure they are...or change them if they are not. NE appears to be chronically underfunded and may have been "winging it" a bit https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8646941.html . It was interesting to see that they had (although I don't know the precise details" issued specific licences for Robins, a wren's nest that "constituted a threat to public safety", peregrines, owls etc. NE wouldn't be suspending the GLs if they were cast iron and UK law compliant, so it looks like there is at least doubt if they are.
    Last edited by short-carabine; 24-04-2019 at 04:51 PM.