Thread: Falcon for the Fair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I don't remember seeing any?
    Second and last photos, it looks to me as though there seems to be something on the breech under the back of the rearsight .

Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Second and last photos, it looks to me as though there seems to be something on the breech under the back of the rearsight .
    There do seem to be marks, you are correct. Can't think why?

Webley Falcon

Strange I have same punch marks on both of my Falcons, both seem to align with the rear sight blade. Could only speculate it's a factory expedient to align the rear sight?.

Quote Originally Posted by HOMER View Post
    Strange I have same punch marks on both of my Falcons, both seem to align with the rear sight blade. Could only speculate it's a factory expedient to align the rear sight?.
    Just had a look at mine - same marks.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I had always assumed the two marks on the breech beneath the sight blade on my Falcon was caused by the previous owner screwing down the sight too hard and the indentations were as a result of the corners of the rectangular cut-out under the blade biting into the breech block.

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    I had always assumed the two marks on the breech beneath the sight blade on my Falcon was caused by the previous owner screwing down the sight too hard and the indentations were as a result of the corners of the rectangular cut-out under the blade biting into the breech block.
    That was what I originally thought, any Falcon owners out there without marks under the sights?

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Every day is a school day