Thread: Photobucket pulls the plug!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Speed reading culprit

I have only just read this post properly and didn't realise that our photographic bible is at risk

As soon as I went to Danny's BSA site, I saw the paypal ready made link and did a payment straight away.

I am sure our fine admin could do a New sticky with a brief explanation on what is at stake here. If that instant paypal link could be included, we could sort this in no time

I know the Mods are very busy, but this great collection of pictures and references must be saved for life...

Please look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I have only just read this post properly and didn't realise that our photographic bible is at risk

As soon as I went to Danny's BSA site, I saw the paypal ready made link and did a payment straight away.

I am sure our fine admin could do a New sticky with a brief explanation on what is at stake here. If that instant paypal link could be included, we could sort this in no time

I know the Mods are very busy, but this great collection of pictures and references must be saved for life...

Please look into it.
    Don't worry, Peter.

I'll sort something out with Danny when I get back to Blighty tomorrow.

If Danny gives a detailed explanation with PayPal account on his site, then we can sticky a link to it from here and hopefully help save this valuable resource.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Don't worry, Peter.

I'll sort something out with Danny when I get back to Blighty tomorrow.

If Danny gives a detailed explanation with PayPal account on his site, then we can sticky a link to it from here and hopefully help save this valuable resource.

All the best Mick

GREAT STUFF MICK

If all of it was compiled into a book, there would be queue as long as a vets bill.

Thanks for your support Peter and Mick. Fantastic!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

So when is this big switch off happening? I have some photos on photobucket that are embedded in another forum and they're still showing up.

Is there any reason why embedded (if that's the turn) links to photos are not enabled on this forum? So they show up in line in posts rather than having to click on a link, but are hosted offsite like on photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    So when is this big switch off happening? I have some photos on photobucket that are embedded in another forum and they're still showing up.

Is there any reason why embedded (if that's the turn) links to photos are not enabled on this forum? So they show up in line in posts rather than having to click on a link, but are hosted offsite like on photobucket.
    Jimmie the free accounts have already been switched off (scroll down this thread, for instance) but they have delayed with the paid-for accounts - presumably fearing a big law suit? My account has to be renewed in December.

It's important not to confuse direct links to Photobucket's website, which are smothered in ads, with embedded images like in the gallery, which have remained ad-free (and it's this bandwidth burden that the company is trying to escape, apparently).

BTW I'm still trying to chase up that factoid about M&G owning the trademark 'Tell' before Oscar Will did, but can't trace it. I wouldn't have put it ih the gallery if it didn't come from an unimpeachable source though.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hmm. The embedded images I am using on another forum from a recently created free account on photobucket are still visible on that forum. Maybe it's they're stopping any new free photos so legacy ones will not be affected.