Thread: Mod question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I suppose it depends on the rifle you want to put it on,,, (you haven't said)

I have a back venting Huub shroud on my BSA Scorpion and its so quiet you can only hear the pellet impact, (it adds about 3-4 inches or less than 100mm for you young folks)
    but that wouldn't work on a spring gun.. so shroud aside probably the HW mod seems to be the one most folks crow about

Bang...

...for your buck (sic) the HW is hard to beat but in my preferred format does need a threaded barrel and does add length.
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    I suppose it depends on the rifle you want to put it on,,, (you haven't said)

I have a back venting Huub shroud on my BSA Scorpion and its so quiet you can only hear the pellet impact, (it adds about 3-4 inches or less than 100mm for you young folks)
    but that wouldn't work on a spring gun.. so shroud aside probably the HW mod seems to be the one most folks crow about
    Its going to be used on a kral np o2 its a short gun so I was hoping to keep to short

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Its going to be used on a kral np o2 its a short gun so I was hoping to keep to short
    Thats a smart wee gun, I can see why you'd definitely want to keep it small as possible.
    Id say a back venting shroud is out due to the barrel band, so you're defo looking at a screw on like the HW.
    Ive read some good comments on the swift stumpy too, and I don't think its anywhere near as long as the HW's 6 inches.

Have a look at the Swift Modular - you can add or remove as many sections as needed until you get the balance that you like between length and sound.

All of the above.

Another vote for the Swift.

The Huggett Belita does a fair job and looks good.

The Shooting Party do one called a Shorty but I havent seen/heard it in use.

Swift
    Swift Stumpy
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Another one here for the Swift Stumpy. I have a Belita too and the Swift is much quieter. The normal Stumpy is quieter than the modular version. I had both and sold the modular one as the difference was quite noticeable.

Thanks for info and feedback looks like I will try and get hold of the swift stumpy ----I will post something about the performance soon as I get everything sorted guns ordered but are on back order up to three weeks wait

Ive got a kral silencer came with my np02. Its basically a hw copy. Very effective and still not too long for hide/barn use. I tried my huggett bellita on the np02 but it was noticably louder and the shorter length didnt really float my boat as much as i thought it would. Hope that helps bud

Initially I put a Belita on mine , looked good but not that quiet.
    I now use either one made by Frog or a HW one , nothing in it .
    Value for money. Frog wins every time .