Page 62 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Lads....... Come on........ when have you ever known a shortage of empty cans at A Bash ?
    Good point mate, good point

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Good to hear you got some quality shooting time in Tone. Ive been struggling with the 80 today. Finally got the rifle set up internally as i wanted her and accuracy went sour. Then started to notice a horrid grinding sensation on cocking. Stripped her for the millionth time and found what looked like some metal swarf (hell if i know where from) had lodged on the piston and ground deep gouges in the cylinder. Peed off didnt quite cover it. Luckily the gouges are behind the piston seals travel. Several hours of stripping further polishing and polishing the worst of it from inside the cylinder and reassembly and touch wood everything seems to be running correctly. Just had time for a quick zero (back to pleasant smooth cocking and one hole groups at 20 yds) the rifle is coming with me tomorrow for a field test. But im taking the little kral too just in case.

Chris x
    Ouch re the swarf invasion, Chris!

Still no idea of where it came from / no tell-tale signs?

Fingers crossed for you that all will be fine now and have fun tomorrow.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds good to me Tone. This morning I had my first visit to Swallow HFT club. Absolutely lovely bunch of guys there and I can see regular visits ahead. This afternoon I put together most of the open sight plinking range for my garden and to bring with me in April. Its got some spinners, target holder, hooks for chalk targets and bits to hang cans etc. Also ordered some small angle iron to fix to it incorporating some live blanks
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    We are both on the same wave length ,my one is 110 wide but is 1500mm high.
    I will have the tin cans hanging from the top ,but not sure about the lower shelf that's in the middle of the stand.
    I will have to assemble it once I'm at the hollow.
    Just need to save some more tin cans from the refuse bin..
    Les..
    Nice one re your club visit, Mike. Many clubs are great; some very nice, knowledgeable people and you'll find that your shooting improves even more. The last time I visited a club, Lincs HFT, I really enjoyed it. Lovely setting and some very nice peeps there, most especially Nick-Nic and McDemon from the BBS. It's over a 60 miles round trip, which is a shame, but I must visit again.

And thank you again to your good self and Les for stepping up to the mark with the open-sight target systems. You're both stars!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Lads....... Come on........ when have you ever known a shortage of empty cans at A Bash ?
    Very true Paul
    I know we can rely on your good self and the other peeps to keep us all supplied with the right stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ouch re the swarf invasion, Chris!

Still no idea of where it came from / no tell-tale signs?

Fingers crossed for you that all will be fine now and have fun tomorrow.
    Absolutely stumped as to what it was and where it came from mate. Spent a couple of hours investigating it stripping everything out but couldnt locate the source of the problem. Seems to be shooting alright now though. Will give it a thorough session tomorrow and hopefully will get to christen it in anger

Open sight ranges sound awesome Mike and Les, scratching my head for a rifle with open sights in the toy cupboard now. Fwb 300 and meteor cadet are open sights may have to bring them

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Absolutely stumped as to what it was and where it came from mate. Spent a couple of hours investigating it stripping everything out but couldnt locate the source of the problem. Seems to be shooting alright now though. Will give it a thorough session tomorrow and hopefully will get to christen it in anger

Open sight ranges sound awesome Mike and Les, scratching my head for a rifle with open sights in the toy cupboard now. Fwb 300 and meteor cadet are open sights may have to bring them

Chris x
    What a damned nuisance Baldy the mysterious swarf damage after all your graft setting up the gun. Hope it now holds up well.

Yes, the target set ups by Les and Mike will be a great attraction, good work chaps. Just the thing for an old .22" Mod D!

Ooops

Sent 20 quid with the wrong , name for this forum: oldeek:
    Me , and her indoors would like to come Sunday only if there's room please.

Wilderbeest/(Longbower).
    Peace through superior fire power!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeest View Post
    Sent 20 quid with the wrong , name for this forum: oldeek:
    Me , and her indoors would like to come Sunday only if there's room please.

Wilderbeest/(Longbower).
    Of course, no problem. There's always room for more at The Good Inn Quigley Hollow.

Look forward to seeing you.

Sleepy-o-meter says

Just 19 to go (for the Saturday peeps).

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post

Yes, the target set ups by Les and Mike will be a great attraction, good work chaps. Just the thing for an old .22" Mod D!
    Yep, too true, Ted. And with the bell target that Les also brought along, great to have even more short range / open sight options, bringing into play an even wider choice of toys.

May I have a quick go with the Mod D, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    What a damned nuisance Baldy the mysterious swarf damage after all your graft setting up the gun. Hope it now holds up well.

My HW35 Lochschafte has become my open sighter. Had great fun in the garden at 20 yards over the weekend.

I will be bringing a few open sight guns to wack the cans with, a couple of meteors, a mk1 Vulcan, 2 LJ bsa's, and a hw50.
    Looking forward to it .
    Les

I will be bringing a few open sight guns to wack the cans with, a couple of meteors, a mk1 Vulcan, 2 LJ bsa's, and a hw50.
    Looking forward to it .
    Les
    Im also fetching a few open sighted guns one from 1907 and one from 1912 plus a few more made before 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Im also fetching a few open sighted guns one from 1907 and one from 1912 plus a few more made before 1980
    Nice one Alan
    I'll look forward to seeing your guns and possibly having a go with them .
    Les..

Nice one Alan
    I'll look forward to seeing your guns and possibly having a go with them .
    Les..
    You know you are welcome to use any of my guns mate