Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate Big Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamcs View Post
    That was a joke sir.

I have the utmost respect for a serviceman of the Royal Green Jackets.

I've served in a different capacity.
    Remember the RLI as a boy ....tracking skills second to none.

Funnily enough I saw said gun yesterday, well when I say saw.. It was in a gun slip and I wasn't allowed a proper look haha. But let's say it's in testing.

My friend bought a Griffin. He's already had to send it back! It lasted about half hour before it started firing itself while cocking! Ok, well that was sorted. But, the screw setup for the hamster is pretty poor, it's a tiny little hex bolt operating a big clamp. He's in constant fear of it shearing.

The video of Matt and Tony at the shot show about the Griffin would rather annoy me if I was one of the "limited edition" owners. Tony says they are to carry on production of the Griffin indefinitely, that's a bit of a poor show when you market a gun at £1500 as a special. I know my mate was expecting it to hold its value. I already see one for sale at £1250, then reduced to £1100.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Funnily enough I saw said gun yesterday, well when I say saw.. It was in a gun slip and I wasn't allowed a proper look haha. But let's say it's in testing.

My friend bought a Griffin. He's already had to send it back! It lasted about half hour before it started firing itself while cocking! Ok, well that was sorted. But, the screw setup for the hamster is pretty poor, it's a tiny little hex bolt operating a big clamp. He's in constant fear of it shearing.

The video of Matt and Tony at the shot show about the Griffin would rather annoy me if I was one of the "limited edition" owners. Tony says they are to carry on production of the Griffin indefinitely, that's a bit of a poor show when you market a gun at £1500 as a special. I know my mate was expecting it to hold its value. I already see one for sale at £1250, then reduced to £1100.
    These limited editions never seem to come to much over standard airguns on resale.Think it's because most of us aren't that daft and often look through tacky gold bits and a bit of etching ...even if it is bostin and edgebaston. Take the make up off and what you got .....a regal ,a wolverine an R10 .Saying it's limited one minute then running on with production is shafting some poor sod twice and not even having the courtesy to give a reacharound .Can't bloody wait to see what shiny, gawdy pile of tat they pull out of the hat .

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    These limited editions never seem to come to much over standard airguns on resale.Think it's because most of us aren't that daft and often look through tacky gold bits and a bit of etching ...even if it is bostin and edgebaston. Take the make up off and what you got .....a regal ,a wolverine an R10 .Saying it's limited one minute then running on with production is shafting some poor sod twice and not even having the courtesy to give a reacharound .Can't bloody wait to see what shiny, gawdy pile of tat they pull out of the hat .
    They might not be to your taste but they do sell well. The Griffin will be a much less decorated gun on production rifles the same as all the rest of the special edition follow ons. Personally I don't have interest in Daystate any more but that is by choice, I certainly won't knock them because the other companies are certainly trying to emulate their success.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    They might not be to your taste but they do sell well. The Griffin will be a much less decorated gun on production rifles the same as all the rest of the special edition follow ons. Personally I don't have interest in Daystate any more but that is by choice, I certainly won't knock them because the other companies are certainly trying to emulate their success.
    True.....it's the prices they charge though. ...bloody ridiculous. ..not a case of if you have the money or not .

your paying for the engineering involved, there are a lot of machining requirements in the design and that costs time and money, people like to knock them because they are expensive, but that the same for most expensive items, politics of jealousy someone called it!

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    , politics of jealousy someone called it!
    I read and hear this a lot from Daystate fans, what they can't seem to understand is that it's not jealousy, it's a dislike of Daysate's cynical marketing, poor value for money and shoddy quality control.

Chris

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    So,.Putting aside there is a definite love/hate relationship with Daystate and some of the member of the forum, regardless of which side of the fence your on:

Back to the thread: Does anyone have an inkling into what the "Big Secret" actually is?

It's less than a week till the reveal, so someone somewhere has definitely seen it or knows more.

James

I reckon it will be a full length rifle version of the Pulsar.

Chris

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    So,.Putting aside there is a definite love/hate relationship with Daystate and some of the member of the forum, regardless of which side of the fence your on:

Back to the thread: Does anyone have an inkling into what the "Big Secret" actually is?

It's less than a week till the reveal, so someone somewhere has definitely seen it or knows more.

James
    As I said, there was a photo I saw which I now can't find. Maybe it was an embargoed pic which was pulled, but it looked to me like a typical PCP with a black synthetic stock and at first glance like a BSA. It wasn't a Pulsar, or a Galahad, or anything unusual--not in basic appearance. I don't know if it's electronic.

PS: I owned a Huntsman for a few weeks in 1988, but never shot it, and know little about Daystate products.
    That mod from Yns Mon's been interfering with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    As I said, there was a photo I saw which I now can't find. Maybe it was an embargoed pic which was pulled, but it looked to me like a typical PCP with a black synthetic stock and at first glance like a BSA. It wasn't a Pulsar, or a Galahad, or anything unusual--not in basic appearance. I don't know if it's electronic.

PS: I owned a Huntsman for a few weeks in 1988, but never shot it, and know little about Daystate products.
    It wasn't the new HW was it? I'm sure I've seen a pic of a new synthetic stock HW rifle somewhere.

Chris

The new HW does look like a BSA , Will have a look when it comes out , It might even give the BSA ultra with a reg and tune a run for its money

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I read and hear this a lot from Daystate fans, what they can't seem to understand is that it's not jealousy, it's a dislike of Daysate's cynical marketing, poor value for money and shoddy quality control.

Chris
    All manufacturers suffer from lemons, pretending Daystate have more issues than other companies is just guesswork without facts to back it up rather than internet experts who have no proof they have ever owned the rifles they slate, lots of liars on the internet.

You call it cynical marketing, owners may see it as owning something a bit different, if people are willing to pay then what's the problem, if you "dislike" a brand that you have never owned or would pay for, that's just predjudice, I'm not a Daystate fan any more than I am of AA, BSA or HW, I own and have owned all of them, my Mk3 was a very good rifle with no issues other then a battery change after 3 years, I know of several which are used regularly without issue, daystate make damn good rifles which cost a lot to make, so you pay a bit more, ask yourself why you "Dislike" something your never going to buy if it's not simple jealousy politics!
    Audi and BMW drivers hear the same all the time.

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    It wasn't the new HW was it? I'm sure I've seen a pic of a new synthetic stock HW rifle somewhere.

Chris

You may well be right. I've been trawling the net to try to catch up on what's happened with airguns and there's a hell of a lot to learn when you're years behind.

Hopefully it will be more interesting than I suggested!
    That mod from Yns Mon's been interfering with me.

my bet electronic wolvarine although iv seen a link to the daystate forum and there are 3 pics
    maybe also a bullpup based on the huntsman with an electronic assisted trigger if that makes sense
    It seems to becoming more apparent that the investment company who now own brocock MTC and Daystate are simply that .
    the bottom line is all that matters
    Why put a brocock name on the Compatto as after all Brocock only exist in name now
    all rifles built under the same roof in the daystate factory
    the sling shot hammer is Daystate through and through
    On a positive note there still based in England providing jobs and adding to the economy
    but they are not a british company any more in realistic terms
    Would i buy another Daystate or a brocock
    I very much doubt it my next purchase will be a bullpup and maybe even the new HW as well
    As for the Griffin going into full production id be pi55ed if id bought one