Thread: 100 yards with 12ft Lb springers - initial investigations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice shooting, I remember taking standing shots on knock downs at about 60 yards with my HW77 at Tawd vale, I did it twice in a row then retired gracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Nice shooting, I remember taking standing shots on knock downs at about 60 yards with my HW77 at Tawd vale, I did it twice in a row then retired gracefully
    I once hit a standard knockdown at 106yds (measured) offhand with my TX, first shot. I think the drop was about 5ft! Didn't get anywhere near it again though, even sitting!

Quote Originally Posted by rikmos View Post
    I once hit a standard knockdown at 106yds (measured) offhand with my TX, first shot. I think the drop was about 5ft! Didn't get anywhere near it again though, even sitting!
    There must have been a few folk with their gobs open after that!! That's when I would have put the gun back in it's case and gone for a brew!

There were a few, including the chap who'd set out the target to practice for the worlds in America that year! (He was using a Ripley at twenty something ft/lbs!). Wish I could claim it as skill but I doubt I'd get away with that, nice to get a fluke like that in front of witnesses for a change though!