Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: BSA Superstar, is it underrated or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Having tried a few at Boinger Bash meet ups in the past, the Superstar is a rifle I'd certainly like to add to my menagerie.
    Oh dear ... either join the queue (please) or we find someone who has two for sale ... I am after a .177.
    Cheers, Phil

I absolutely love my .22 superstar carbine.

never mounted a scope but love the open sights on it and shooting its with opens is a joy! ( I have serviced and tuned it though, but it was nice before hand to be fair.

best handling stock bsa have made for me, nice and chunky and rounded

I love many old makes but for me the old BSAs were the always the best . even now in HFT I go for my tuned bsa scorpion instead of a multitude of other more expensive rifles such as my daystate ect... just something charming and underestimated about them all!

atb
    Daniel
    my 2 in 1 self resetting HFT training/plinking metal targets for sale in brand new items section

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I picked up a Mk2 .22 carbine in an early CS800 stock. Luckily pick up an extremely nice .177 mk1 in a standard stock.
    I have swapped them over. The carbine handles beautifully in the standard stock. The .177 is very good in the CS800. It matches plenty of modern rifles
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Oh dear ... either join the queue (please) or we find someone who has two for sale ... I am after a .177.
    Cheers, Phil

And a Longbow, and a Tracker and a .
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

And a Longbow, and a Tracker and a .
    Traded my tracker deluxe as did not like the balance handling wise. Dont have a longbow but do have a boxed tomahawk

I have a mk2 carbine which shoots beautifully. I find my 3 goldstars just as good as the superstar though if i am honest.

Ive got a Superstar Magnum. A mark 2 in .177 which I think was designated for the US market but missed the boat.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive got a Superstar Magnum. A mark 2 in .177 which I think was designated for the US market but missed the boat.
    Its interesting how slapping on the magnum-word makes a gun more suitable for the American market.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Its interesting how slapping on the magnum-word makes a gun more suitable for the American market.
    Stand to be corrected, but I think we can blame Bob Beeman for inventing the marketing idea that any air rifle he sold making more than 10 ft-lbs was a “magnum”.

Helped sell a bunch of guns, though. The pithier American equivalent of our 1980s “maximum hunting power, right up to the legal limit”.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I picked up a Mk2 .22 carbine in an early CS800 stock. Luckily pick up an extremely nice .177 mk1 in a standard stock.
    I have swapped them over. The carbine handles beautifully in the standard stock. The .177 is very good in the CS800. It matches plenty of modern rifles
    I like the rifles but the stocks are a little too chunky for my taste. . 177 was certainly the hardest to obtain, mine came from local via freeads a couple of years ago and cost £85 at the time in decent nick. The lad also had an Alan Hamer MAG Mercury in .25 which I stupidly turned down as I didn't want a break barrrel at the time. he wanted £150 and I had the cash in my pocket. Kicking myself now.

Could I ask for help with a sale valuation on my Superstar please? I believe its a mk2 carbine and its .22
    It shoots nicely although I don't have a combro anymore to give a ft/lb figure. Overall its in very nice condition with the open sights and silencer.
    The stock was modified prior to my ownership and has been done well. The rifle is still nicely balanced and doesnt feel front heavy.
    How much do you think I should advertise it for please?
    https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...GQ3JCU3Ptpeknb

Thanks, Nathan

I bought a MK II 22 Carbibe off here for 130 posted years ago and it had a custom made spring and guides and done properly

I sold it for what I paid for it to a shooting mate at the time when I wanted a pcp again

One of my few regrets ! I still have the BSA Hornet pcp though !

I imagine now a valuation would be MORE !!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Im surprised how any writing on a gun can be a marketing ploy for the American market. I thought pictures would have been more suitable.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I picked up a cheap one some years ago, Same time as I bought my fx verminator, The bsa cost me £40 from a chap in Swansea, With the difference in price of the two guns it's was a little gutting to find it was grouping better than the fx, Out of all the guns I've had over the years the I would say the ones that have been noticeably better was the daystate mk3, Hw77 and the bsa superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    I picked up a cheap one some years ago, Same time as I bought my fx verminator, The bsa cost me £40 from a chap in Swansea, With the difference in price of the two guns it's was a little gutting to find it was grouping better than the fx.
    Love it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!