Thread: waterproof trousers

waterproof trousers

looking for a pair as above but not the shinny type must have some grip what makes are out there guys

As overtrousers I wear RAF issue gortex ones and have done for several years now in all weathers. I got them new off 'that site' very cheaply ... if I remember correctly about £6. Not camo ... RAF blue. They keep rain out even after washing.
    Cheers, Phil

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Berghaus Gortex. Not cheap but I've had them for 16 years and they are as good as new and have never let me down. (or water in)
    And Ridgeline Pintail trousers which I use for deer stalking in Scotland. These are very lightweight and reasonably waterproof. Had them for four years and so far, they have never let me down yet !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 13-09-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

As above, miltary surplus Goretex is best, but if you're looking for something a bit more industrial, Flexothane, 100% waterproof but not breathable or particularly tough, it's commonly what you will see being worn by farmers, construction workers & suchlike.
    Both of them are on the noisy side.

Is Gortex the same as GorE-tex?

Just don't forget all waterproof materials will make you feel like a boil in the bag .

Plus if you kneel down you will be placing a smallish area under a lot of pressure and most will let water in at that area.

Material with a high static head reading will be better than cheaper fabrics.

And don't forget , the army now call their waterproofs MVP fabrics . And not all of those MVP fabrics are Gore-tex

Some army garments were made with porrelle fabric by a company near Glasgow. The troops hated and Gore-tex was used by the company.

That was years ago. Not sure if they still use Gore-tex. The garments the troops call " guchi" ( sas and some others) are still Gore-tex.

I know the above due a friend being in the lab at W.L Gore and his father is in the MOD sales department in W.L Gore

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    As above, miltary surplus Goretex is best, but if you're looking for something a bit more industrial, Flexothane, 100% waterproof but not breathable or particularly tough, it's commonly what you will see being worn by farmers, construction workers & suchlike.
    Both of them are on the noisy side.
    Hoggs of fife brought out the working climate range to entice farmers to use their garments . An army looking wind stopper jumpers , waterproof jacket and trousers. They used Gore-tex. I got samples to try and I still have them .

The jumper is great and the water proofs live in my shooting bag.

Don't think they do them now.