Thread: Webley Air Pistol Batch Numbers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I posted a request for batch number info over on the AVA forum, to perhaps expand upon the numbers already submitted.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...ol+enthusiasts......

Also, not sure if everyone is aware of it or not, but a point worthy of note in my post on the AVA:

As well, with some guns bearing a three digit batch number, you should remove the LHS grip to ensure that the batch number stamped into the front of the gun is not just the last three digits of a four digit batch number. For example, on one of my own Seniors, the front of the gun is stamped with "009" (which could also be misread as "600"), but upon removing the LHS grip, the batch number on the frame reads "1009".

Hi John, a few more post war to add.

Juniors: 5048, 2558, 3102, 455. Mk 11: 504.

Senior: 054, 972.

Mk1: 435, 250.

Premier: E/coated. 392. Mk 11: 582.

rgds Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post
    I posted a request for batch number info over on the AVA forum, to perhaps expand upon the numbers already submitted.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...ol+enthusiasts......

Also, not sure if everyone is aware of it or not, but a point worthy of note in my post on the AVA:
    Thanks for spreading the word Len and for pointing out the full batch number appears under the grip. You are quite correct of course. Sometimes the last 2 digits appear stamped on major components such as the trigger guard and stirrup catch.

Thanks also to all for recent updates

John