Thread: Mail slams vigilante airgunners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    There's no mention of air rifles or any specific type of firearms or calls for anymore regulations in any of those articles. Only mention of "high calibre rifles" which is ridiculous. I know there's the proposal to ban .50 cals atm but really this b*llsh*t story doesn't strike me as some masterful way of changing the public's mind about high calibre firearms - most the public are probably not even aware they are currently legal to own on licence or about the proposed ban. This is just a load of sh*te tabloids all jumping on the bandwagon, getting their facts wrong about pest control and hunting in an attempt to stir up the emotions of their mainly moronic readers. It just so happens that their publications coincides with the govt's pointless review which has been announced. Let's all just remain calm and do our part to get our voices heard to reject any unnecessary proposals IF the time comes to do so.
    Funny that, isn't it? Coincidences that involve the tabloids and government

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Funny that, isn't it? Coincidences that involve the tabloids and government
    What, the same ill informed article about grey squirrels hunters with zero calls for extended regulation across three rags? No that doesn't convince me yet. If more and more exaggerated articles crop up over the upcoming months then maybe so. Until then I'm going to carry on enjoying the sport, promoting responsible use when it comes up in conversation, communicating with my local MP and advising the BASC that my airgun or any form of membership, which I've had for the past 6 or so years, will not be renewed if any form of licencing comes about in the future.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    What ever the rights and wrongs of the media, we all have to live in modern times so does not anyone here think that posting pictures like those on the internet facebook or whatever that looks like airgunners are enjoying killing animals is bonkers, so why would anyone want to post pictures like that instead of shooters of all ages and disabled having safe fun competing in competition and plinking without doing any real harm.
    If airgunning don't change its image it may not have a long term future in modern times

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    What, the same ill informed article about grey squirrels hunters with zero calls for extended regulation across three rags? No that doesn't convince me yet. If more and more exaggerated articles crop up over the upcoming months then maybe so. Until then I'm going to carry on enjoying the sport, promoting responsible use when it comes up in conversation, communicating with my local MP and advising the BASC that my airgun or any form of membership, which I've had for the past 6 or so years, will not be renewed if any form of licencing comes about in the future.
    despite what you may have read on here about BASC not doing enough in relation to the scottish airgun license ,i would suggest you do some research to see what they and SACs did do.and how the scottish government ignored their facts and the voices of many many thousands of people that signed petitions or wrote to their MSPs . they did more than most people will know but some think they did nothing and when i advised one to ask BASC what they did i suspect they never contacted them

david ewing ,BASC ,SACs and loads of other groups and people including people from england (thank you ,it was appreciated) did all they could they could do in their power . the scottish government did not care and rode roughshod over the facts and pushed the scheme through.

you may be lucky and if they speak of doing the same scheme , they MAY listen to your case and not implement the scheme .