Thread: Information for sellers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    I suspect some people state at buyers risk in recognition of the fact that no matter how well they pack the item, the compensation on a larger item is limited to £100 (e.g. a rifle via PF48).
    Exactly this.

PF48 is limited to £100 compensation, if you want anything posted then it is at your own risk, why should the seller have to stump up if it goes missing?

There is also the question of PCP's since they are considered pressure vessels and so prohibited as they are dangerous goods.

As a seller, I will offer anything for sale however I will state quite clearly that as far as insurance goes there is a limit and if a PCP is found and destroyed they are on their own.

I am willing to do an RFD transfer but at the buyers expense, again, clearly stated at the time.

It's up to the buyer if they want to take that risk but FWIW if it was my money I wouldn't.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post

PF48 is limited to £100 compensation, if you want anything posted then it is at your own risk, why should the seller have to stump up if it goes missing?
    Because it's your property and you want to sell it... If you don't want to post it for this reason then don't - simple.

If you can find a buyer happy to waive their rights - that's fine too, PROVIDED you both have this clear understanding before any money is accepted.

PCP's are a different kettle of fish and to my knowledge, there are only 3 legal ways of transfering these : F2F, RFD and a commercial account courier.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Because it's your property and you want to sell it... If you don't want to post it for this reason then don't - simple.

If you can find a buyer happy to waive their rights - that's fine too, PROVIDED you both have this clear understanding before any money is accepted.
    Isn't that the exact same as "at buyers risk", exactly what people seem to have a problem with. And that's exactly what I said in the first place!