Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have just bought a Panarama 4-12x40 ao to replace my sidewinder and i am very impressed with it

The sidewinder had to come off due it being 933grams with mounts and sidewheel

I went with the half mildot version, same as my sidewinder

It is very clear with a good field of view and being under 500grams doesnt upset the balance

Overall a nice little scope..
    Last edited by wezdavo; 22-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wezdavo View Post
    I have just bought a Panarama 4-12x40 ao to replace my sidewinder and i am very impressed with it

The sidewinder had to come off due it being 933grams with mounts and sidewheel

I went with the half mildot version, same as my sidewinder

It is very clear with a good field of view and being under 500grams doesnt upset the balance

Overall a nice little scope..
    Do you think it's as good optically as your sidewinder??
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Do you think it's as good optically as your sidewinder??
    Thanks
    No, but that could be down to the objective size difference.. The panarama is a very good scope for not alot of money..

Just as an update to my original thread. Having recently decided to go down the high mounts 40 yard zero route with my HW80, I decided that the Simmons WTC 3-10-50 that has lived on the gun happily for eight years needed to be put into retirement. I needed a scope with half mil dots to aid with shot placement and dropped into Blackpool for a chat with Lloyd and the lads.

It seems that the AO range now comes with the option of the half mil, something not available when originally released. Anyway, as I will be using the gun for both field work and HFT, the specification that suited me best was the 3-9-40 with adjustable objective. I was well chuffed when I realised that this scope now comes with the genuinely useful (in my opinion) half mil scale. Parting with my hard earned and heading off to my clubs outdoor range for a zeroing session, I would have to say that I am even more impressed with this little scope than I was with the original one (4-12-40) that I had. The additional aim-points are really useful and not just a gimmick, and the image remains remarkably clear for such a relatively cheap scope.

I can only confirm my original comments that this range of optics truly represents excellent value for money. I now look forward to seeing how it performs in the real world, although with the parallax set at 25 yards and the 40 yd zero, I am confident that it will do the gun it sits on top of justice. Its just a pity that it is me that has to let them down by pulling the trigger!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !