Thread: Which .22 sub 12ft lb pcp rifle to buy ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hftmelton View Post
    That's it ...im getting £1 grouping at 60yards at . Im quiet a good shooting at paper targets but not seem too be getting kill shots, ive only just started with quarry , so purchased a range finder to help judge range as im not very good at it ,and just upgraded to jsb heavy. 177
    If you're quite new to hunting a good way to get a feel for it is view the quarry through the uncocked rifle and take a mock shot, I know it sounds daft and doesn't put anything in the bag but the jump from targets to rabbits and the nerves can kick in,
    Even if you don't feel jumpy it takes the pressure off, you get time to think about it, when you pull the trigger you know if you were on it.
    Then start cocking the rifle,
    A quid at 60yards is good shooting (and a long way!) So you obviously have the eye for it, it worked for me.
    Stick with it bud happy hunting Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Moss74 View Post
    If you're quite new to hunting a good way to get a feel for it is view the quarry through the uncocked rifle and take a mock shot, I know it sounds daft and doesn't put anything in the bag but the jump from targets to rabbits and the nerves can kick in,
    Even if you don't feel jumpy it takes the pressure off, you get time to think about it, when you pull the trigger you know if you were on it.
    Then start cocking the rifle,
    A quid at 60yards is good shooting (and a long way!) So you obviously have the eye for it, it worked for me.
    Stick with it bud happy hunting Martin
    See post 12. Hitting targets but not quarry. 69 yard shots is going beyond.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    See post 12. Hitting targets but not quarry. 69 yard shots is going beyond.
    I agree with you there Steyr,
    I didn't mean to imply in my post shots at that range were acceptable at quarry
    Just wanted to offer some encouragement to someone that's starting out.