Thread: A new BSA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?"

You have just described the BSA Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    "Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?"

You have just described the BSA Firebird
    Oops. Yes, I overlooked that.. Now, one of them brought back to life with more graceful lines would be stunning and a lovely, lightweight, usable hunter.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

An updated Spitfire? Could be interesting. I had one for a while ... the HF model. It leaked when I bought it from auction, where it was listed simply as a BSA Break barrel but the serial number gave it away. Having explored all info I could find about resealing it myself, I sent it to JB because everyone said it needed the 'man himself' to do it. It was a beautiful rifle but the apparent lack of self-service and instructions to keep using it in order to keep seals in good order put me off a bit and I eventually sold it.
    Now a 'new' easily serviced Spitfire could be different.
    I never did see the u/l version, Firebird.
    Cheers, Phil