Thread: Valuation: pop out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks lads. With a name to go on Griffiths book becomes much more informative. Judging from the single action pin, squared off trigger aperture, and a tang on the rear RHS grip, its a "Dolla" variant 3.

The tang, though its not come out well on the picture

There is a breech plug, whether it is the original I could not say,

but it looks very similar to Griffiths illustration on p68

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Thanks lads. With a name to go on Griffiths book becomes much more informative. Judging from the single action pin, squared off trigger aperture, and a tang on the rear RHS grip, its a "Dolla" variant 3.

The tang, though its not come out well on the picture

I know very little about these but there was a thread earlier this year posted by someone who needed a pellet probe. There was a wide selection of different ones that had apparently been fitted at different times.
    I think Trevor contributed one of his published works on the topic. I've seen an advert showing them on sale, new, for 5 shillings complete with pellets. I have one of the later Gat-like ones which would appear to have been overpriced at 5 bob.

ATVB, Mick
    I've been exploring and was wrong about Trevor and the date. It was mostly Herpquest, Tantomurata, DCLDave and Wadhill
    in midNovember. Search Dolla probe wanted.
    Last edited by walnutfarmmick; 12-03-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Additional info
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Search Dolla probe wanted.
    Here's the above mentionned thread. HTH

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

I would say from your photo that the breech pin is almost certainly original. The shape and knurling are identical to other Dolla variant 3 examples, and distinct from the variant 4 . The only slight issue is that yours has a single start thread instead of the more usually seen double start thread. However if the thread is a perfect match for your gun then all this means is that yours is probably a late example. The single start thread was used in subsequent variant 4 Dollas. A subtle but interesting variation but unfortunately doesn’t add to the value (which I would put at £50-70).