Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Shooters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sharp Shooters

Following on from yesterday's informative debate.

Using a light weight spring piston air rifle,can anyone claim to reliably place five shots in a five pence group at fifty yards?

No, I doubt I could even do it with my FAC Rapid.

Springer

Not many I would have thought, best asked on Shooting the Breeze, I think the world champion FT springer champ is on there, ask him if he can as they shoot to 55yards in FT.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No, I doubt I could even do it with my FAC Rapid.
    That makes two of us,even with an S400 at around 28ft/lbs

No problem at all with a 'Harrington Gat rifle', though I haven't been able to find one since the 1980's. Today's rifle's are just not up to the kind of standard set by these. The good old days eh

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Is that the size of an old 5p or a new one?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

It doesn't matter

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post

Using a light weight spring piston air rifle,can anyone claim to reliably place five shots in a five pence group at fifty yards?
    Is that where the centre of each hole can be spanned by a 5p coin ?

On a perfect day, with a good rested position I might manage it with my TX200. Not every time though, and the TX is not a lightweight as standard - mine has a load of lead in the stock which makes it about 11lbs. It also has a prosport spring and top hat, carefully lapped barrel and carefully done crown.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....l-step-by-step

A "springer group" thread would be fun.

[QUOTE=Born Again;7898514]Is that where the centre of each hole can be spanned by a 5p coin ?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post

I think you should amend this to include "standing, unsupported"... and no, I can't..

There is a guy on youtube that can . mind you he used 3 shots and not more in his groups

he posted a video the other day on the SFS Imp 2.

Hell, we're back on course

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    There is a guy on youtube that can . mind you he used 3 shots and not more in his groups

he posted a video the other day on the SFS Imp 2.

I found that Vid mate and the comments made me weep, was rather hoping it wasn't the usual suspects. Do those fanboy fools not realise that they have a history of editing videos only showing cracking shots. I posted evidence on here years ago of a vid at a HFT shoot where they hit every target on the course but when i checked the results posted on line they scored something like a 42/44 which means they missed over half the targets....and yet, despite the individual assuring me on a telephone call that they would stop the long range unprofessional shots they are at it again.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I found that Vid mate and the comments made me weep, was rather hoping it wasn't the usual suspects. Do those fanboy fools not realise that they have a history of editing videos only showing cracking shots. I posted evidence on here years ago of a vid at a HFT shoot where they hit every target on the course but when i checked the results posted on line they scored something like a 42/44 which means they missed over half the targets....and yet, despite the individual assuring me on a telephone call that they would stop the long range unprofessional shots they are at it again.
    I agree . "wow I just hit a 12mm spinner at 50 metre in a hurricane OFF camera ".

I have seen one video of them compete on YouTube at an event and he was garbage yet all his shots zeroing on the channel are perfect pellet on pellet

I cringe at some of the long range shots . I remember the backlash they got on the long range shots and then they put up their "we are professionals or some crap caveat". they have never stopped the long range shots that I can remember .

If he is that great a shot he would win all the comps

Any way rant over

There used to be a number of cheap Chinese rifles being sold on Freeads that could achieve this feat. Just find out where they are being sold now.