Thread: The Best Pre-War Break Barrel Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulK62 View Post
    I said it's PRACTICALLY perfect in every way, i.e., almost. Regardless, you're entitled to your opinion, Steve, as am I, and I couldn't disagree more. IMHO the Britannia has very graceful lines. But then again, you also don't care for the look of the Webley Service, which I think has one of the most beautiful and iconic profiles ever.

Regarding modern airguns not copying the design of the Britannia, I wonder that all the time. I wish some company would. I'd love a solid, modern, compact, light, easy to wield, high-powered springer inspired by the Britannia design!

The quality of finish is a trivial matter. And considering minty Britannias aren't common, I doubt either of us can declare with certainty how good or bad the original finish was when new, or if it varied in quality over its production run.

Lastly, I find the heavy yet compact design makes it a quicker, more natural pointer than a lot of modern break barrels. As far as accuracy tests go, Matt's video says it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHiTVootIcQ
    Have no argument except that Matt could make any rifle a good shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Have no argument except that Matt could make any rifle a good shooter!
    You got me there!

wow,jaw hits the floor.