Thread: Making a Feinwerkbau Model 65 Kick like a Mule.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another thought occurs - didn't FWB keep making the mod 65 with recoil option well after the 80 was discontinued? More evidence there was no frame weakness perhaps...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sod the pistols 'frame weaken'.

I'm delicate you know.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Another thought occurs - didn't FWB keep making the mod 65 with recoil option well after the 80 was discontinued? More evidence there was no frame weakness perhaps...
    Yes that is very true - the Model 65 continued to be available alongside the Model 80 for some time during the 70's when I bought them both from new ( not together I hasten to add - but over a couple of years or so).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Too Much to Ask ?

I have found one of the higher front sight blades for use on a Model 65 with the blocking plate.

Does anyone have one of the little sqaure shaped blocking plates and screws by any chance?

I have a Feinwerkbau workshop manual from 1978 and it shows the blocking plate as part number 16.015.1 and the screw to hold it as part number 16.016.1

Anybody.......?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Yes that is very true - the Model 65 continued to be available alongside the Model 80 for some time during the 70's when I bought them both from new ( not together I hasten to add - but over a couple of years or so).
    I checked back in my FWB info folder and found a post by Joe "Jeweller" Tousignant with an email from Feinwerkbau Westinger & Altenburger GmbH, dated June 2001, saying:

The FEINWERKBAU air-pistols Mod. 65 were produced
    from 1965 - 1998, the air-pistols Mod. 80 from
    1977 - 1986 and the air-pistols Mod. 90 from 1982

Another FWB email said:

From air-pistol Mod. 65 we produced approx.
    145.000 pcs.,
    from air-pistol Mod. 80 approx. 48.000 pcs.,
    from air-pistol Mod. 90 approx. 20.000 pcs.

I have one of the blocking plates and screw somewhere (not for sale) which I can dig it out if you want pics/dimensions etc?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I checked back in my FWB info folder and found a post by Joe "Jeweller" Tousignant with an email from Feinwerkbau Westinger & Altenburger GmbH, dated June 2001, saying:

The FEINWERKBAU air-pistols Mod. 65 were produced
    from 1965 - 1998, the air-pistols Mod. 80 from
    1977 - 1986 and the air-pistols Mod. 90 from 1982

Another FWB email said:

From air-pistol Mod. 65 we produced approx.
    145.000 pcs.,
    from air-pistol Mod. 80 approx. 48.000 pcs.,
    from air-pistol Mod. 90 approx. 20.000 pcs.

I have one of the blocking plates and screw somewhere (not for sale) which I can dig it out if you want pics/dimensions etc?
    Thanks for the production info - I had no idea the production period for the Model 65 was so long compared to the Model 80 - no wonder there are so few of them compared to the Model 65 - but I am surprised about the number of Model 90 pistols made as I thought they were deemed to be a bit of a flop - but then they did take 10 years just to make 20,000 so I guess the sales could be described as "steady".

The blocking plate pictures with dimensions would be interesting as it should be simple enough to make a replica - but I would like to know the length of the supplied screw and the thickness of the plate to see how much screw thread was held in the casting.

Our top MPL shooter (TC1) tested his Model 65 with a blocking plate he had made himself at RMTC last Tuesday.

It would be fair to say that he could not get the screw unwound fast enough to remove it, so it seem like his plans to find the most competetive recoiling pistol for use in the MPL do not lay with the Model 65!

Shame really as some of us thought this would be the ulitmate recoiling match pistol - mainly due to its superb handing and match trigger - but I think I will go and test this option for myself in any case as it should ( in theory) be right up there with the best of the recoiling pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Our top MPL shooter (TC1) tested his Model 65 with a blocking plate he had made himself at RMTC last Tuesday.
    After 5 shots my finger nails started to fall off and I got double vision!

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    After 5 shots my finger nails started to fall off and I got double vision!

ATB
    TC1
    I told you not to use that lumo pink nail varnish - but you wouldn't listen would you?

Sorry for late (possibly too late) reply

Re FWB 65 locking plate and possible damage incurred.
    I have bought a 65 recently that has been fired for most of its life with the locking plate fitted by a masochist who also did not read the manual.
    On stripping it I found that the longest of the 2 screws in the front recoil slide was badly bent, but whether this fault was related to the locking out I am afraid I cannot say.