Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I did like the co2 I tried only thing that puts me off is the filling it up, I'm all set for pcp with a tank & I like my springer's. Not sure I need another system to mess with but will definitely give the comp a go with a loaner
    Good point TC2. I hadn't thought of that.
    What CO2 target pistols run off those silly little cartridges?

Still on with the theme of Classic Pistols like those used in the 'MPL' and the proposed 'Carbon Classic' - couldn't we have a 'Webley Classic' section? Scoring would be easy. First to hit the black would be the winner!!!!!

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 13-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I remember telling Bob earlier in the year that I had no interest in Pistols, I have now got four. I won't be getting a co2 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    I remember telling Bob earlier in the year that I had no interest in Pistols, I have now got four. I won't be getting a co2 one.
    Try telling 'Mr Wilson' that
    He will have you fixed up with one of his old rejects within months (plus postage ) and you could have a hamster dangling from the fore end in hours.

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Thats the style - spoken like a true devotee - confirm you won't be getting a CO2 "one" and go for four of them straight off!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Good point TC2. I hadn't thought of that.
    What CO2 target pistols run off those silly little cartridges?

ATB
    TC1
    There are some very good Classic single shot match pistols that run on those "silly little cartridges" including the Hammerli Master, TAU 7, Alfa Prod.

As a mater of interest, I bought a new CO2 bottle in 2011 and although I have used it a hell of a lot it still has some gas in it and it is still on it's original fill.

A large CO2 cylinder really does last for ages, but the dissapointing thing is that I have been told it will cost me £3 to have it refilled !

A bulk fill CO2 bottle could easilly be shared amongst a small group of shooters making a cheap solution to re-filling - get one with a "diptube" and it will not need to be inverted to fill the pistol.

If that route was chosen, there are some superb CO2 match pistols out there that includes the Feinwerkbau Model 2, C10 and C20, Walther CP1, CP2, CP3, CPM1, CPM, CP200, CP201.

I will leave it to other's to seek-out more good examples of CO2 match pistols but those shown already give a good choice of models that are available on the s/h market at very realistic prices.

c02

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    There are some very good Classic single shot match pistols that run on those "silly little cartridges" including the Hammerli Master, TAU 7, Alfa Prod.

As a mater of interest, I bought a new CO2 bottle in 2011 and although I have used it a hell of a lot it still has some gas in it and it is still on it's original fill.

A large CO2 cylinder really does last for ages, but the dissapointing thing is that I have been told it will cost me £3 to have it refilled !

A bulk fill CO2 bottle could easilly be shared amongst a small group of shooters making a cheap solution to re-filling - get one with a "diptube" and it will not need to be inverted to fill the pistol.

If that route was chosen, there are some superb CO2 match pistols out there that includes the Feinwerkbau Model 2, C10 and C20, Walther CP1, CP2, CP3, CPM1, CPM, CP200, CP201.

I will leave it to other's to seek-out more good examples of CO2 match pistols but those shown already give a good choice of models that are available on the s/h market at very realistic prices.
    What was the cost to purchase the c02 bulk fill bottle ? and where did you purchase it.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    What was the cost to purchase the c02 bulk fill bottle ? and where did you purchase it.
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

I actually bought my cylinder brand new locally - I will check the price and let you know what it cost and where I bought it - we have the receipt in the club records.

Most seem to pick up a cylinder from their local pub or their suppliers as they use them to carbonate the drinks that are served from the pumps.

It should not be too difficult to find a local supplier closer to you.

ATB - Bob.

What an excuse for the Mrs. "I'm just off down to the pub to refill my cylinder!"

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    What an excuse for the Mrs. "I'm just off down to the pub to refill my cylinder!"

ATB
    Ian
    .....don't laugh - that's exactly how Andi got his Feinwerbau filled each time!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    .....don't laugh - that's exactly how Andi got his Feinwerbau filled each time!
    Yep was a good excuse to visit the local "Sorry love, cylinders need filling again" and seeing as you're at a pub it'd be rude not to have a nice cold refreshing "top up" yourself .