Thread: Walther Century ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The trigger blade is not the same as the Ultra or LGV Master it feels like alloy but is hard to tell for sure it seems pressed as it is not solid.Sorry can't be more helpful .
    My verdict is its good buy for the price i like it but if you wanting a main user gun then go for the LGV Master or if can stretch to the Ultra that would be first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The trigger blade is not the same as the Ultra or LGV Master it feels like alloy but is hard to tell for sure it seems pressed as it is not solid.Sorry can't be more helpful .
    My verdict is its good buy for the price i like it but if you wanting a main user gun then go for the LGV Master or if can stretch to the Ultra that would be first choice.
    The DE spec LGV has a plastic blade, i have one here, it has 1 adjustment screw and not the 2 the metal blade has,I suspect the Century just uses the plastic blade to keep the cost down.

If im honest the feel of the plastic blade is really not bad, and one could mod the blade to have 2 screws if you really wanted. The plastic is not to givey so feels ok on the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    The DE spec LGV has a plastic blade, i have one here, it has 1 adjustment screw and not the 2 the metal blade has,I suspect the Century just uses the plastic blade to keep the cost down.

If im honest the feel of the plastic blade is really not bad, and one could mod the blade to have 2 screws if you really wanted. The plastic is not to givey so feels ok on the pull.
    I hope you are wrong about this. Everything I've read says it's a 2 'adjustment' trigger, the manual, the Umarex site, even the review mentioned above shows photographs of a trigger guard with 2 holes and the appropriate screws beneath.

I believe a metal trigger blade is an optional extra or post-sale upgrade if you feel the need. I think the Century has a lot going for it, it reminds me of a modern version of the HW35, German, barrel catch, 30mm piston, 2 'adjustment' trigger ... I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hopefully the delrin ring on the rear of the piston works OK so you probably won't have to 'tune' it.

Bigtoe, thanks for the reply

[edit: appologies for (mis)using the term "2 stage trigger" when I meant a trigger unit with 2 adjustments. I am suitable contrite]
    Last edited by Sprog; 25-09-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Clumsy terminology

I've had a good look at the trigger & guard,the guard is same as the LGV & Ultra so alloy.The trigger blade has one adjusting screw for travel not two like the LGV & LGU It has the same screw for weight as the LGV & LGU.So the blade must be plastic it feels not bad as Tony said.
    Only had a hand full of shots the first was very loud with plenty of smoke if it persists it will need looking at.The fore end screws are button instead of the chunky cap heads its smooth on cocking a little harder than the Ultra & LGU,over all seems well built but you can tell its not an Ultra.

I've had a good look at the trigger & guard,the guard is same as the LGV & Ultra so alloy.The trigger blade has one adjusting screw for travel not two like the LGV & LGU It has the same screw for weight as the LGV & LGU.So the blade must be plastic it feels not bad as Tony said.
    Only had a hand full of shots the first was very loud with plenty of smoke if it persists it will need looking at.The fore end screws are button instead of the chunky cap heads its smooth on cocking a little harder than the Ultra & LGU,over all seems well built but you can tell its not an Ultra.
    there you go..the LGV german spec trigger unit is used, just a plastic blade with 1 screw...the metal one is 18euro + shipping

Ah so that where the [probably my] confusion lies. So LMick, just so I have this straight, you say the all-metal XM trigger unit, as found in an untouched LGU/LGV, has 3 adjustments? I take it they are for 'travel', 'weight' and 'Let Off Point'? Or has your example had the tuning trigger upgrade?

And the Century unit has only 2 adjustments, for travel & weight? Although this is upgradable using the 'Pro Metal Tuning Trigger' which will provide a 3rd adjustment for 'Let Off Point'?

I have a few more Qs if anyone can help:

Will a full-spec, metal-housing XM trigger unit from a LGV/LGU simply swap over to the Century to replace the plastic-housed unit?

Any idea of what or how the piston made up? Is it a pressed steel tube crimped to attach fittings? or is it a steel tube that's been machined?

Incidentally, any idea if a HW35 piston will work in it?

Speaking of the HW35, as soon as I saw the Century I thought of the 35. Will someone comment on whether Walther/Umarex have copied or 'taken inspiration from' the HW35? For a gun that's been in production longer than I've lived, Walther could have done a lot worse.

Sorry for the numerous questions... and thank you for earlier answers
    Last edited by Sprog; 25-09-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Clarification

you do not change the whole trigger unit, you just add the blade...18euro+ shipping

hw35 piston = no worky

The Century is just an LGV action, no sights, no 30 to 25mm sleeve internally...so it uses a different piston with bearings and a 30mm dia seal.

So...Century = HW35
    LGV = HW80 Lazaglide

its that simple

Thats about it,the trigger housing is alloy like the LGV & LGU.The triggers on mine are standard UK metal blade with two adjusters.Its not a copy of the 35 the breach lock system has been used by Walther on the original LGV target rifle.
    Last edited by T 20; 27-10-2014 at 10:51 PM.

My brother has bought the Centuary and fires it standard. He is very pleased with it. When I shot it I found it to be very accurate, but the recoil was a little snappy for me. However that is comparing it to my short stroked TX200 so hardly a fair comparison.
    "Walk softly, but carry a big stick"

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post

Apparently the importer here, Armex, asked for a metal triggers to be fitted to the LGV as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprog View Post
    Apparently the importer here, Armex, asked for a metal triggers to be fitted to the LGV as standard.
    aye they did, end users can fit it onto their own guns in Germany however as sold the gun has to pass the drop test, hence they get the plastic one.