Thread: SIG P226 CO2 pellet pistol - any thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hiya ,
    I have one and think it’s good , reasonably accurate and realistic with the blowback action .
    It’s reasonably priced also .

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Pjw18 View Post
    Hiya ,
    I have one and think it’s good , reasonably accurate and realistic with the blowback action .
    It’s reasonably priced also .

Paul
    Thank you. What pellets do you find work for you?

Never used one. Some reviews suggest they sometimes do not shoot to available points of aim.

Are you especially looking for blowback?

Hi Denyers,

Welcome to the BBS!

As with all CO2 pistols, there is a compromise to be made. The P226 is very authentic and I too like the heft and of course the blowback action. Less realistic are the faux ejection port, Take Down Lever and Slide release. A plus point is the fake catches are very well reproduced and they look as though they ought to work.

Accuracy wise, the P226 I have is about the most accurate CO2 'clone' I own. I use Excite flatheads and they group within a couple of inches at 6 yards when I shoot rapid fire. Using a two handed grip, the shots strike about an inch low and as the sights can't be adjusted, it does mean aiming slightly high. However, switching to a single handed stance raises the point of impact to the point of aim. I have also experimented with a Parker Hale silencer to add heft and this raises the point of impact to around 2 1/2 inches above the point of aim. The PH silencer is heavy and a lighter one ought to lower the point of impact when using a 2 handed grip. If you decide to opt for a silencer, JSR supply an adaptor for a 1/2 inch UNF thread and remember to go for a fairly slim one such as the PH as a wider silencer may obscure the target during sighting.

Overall I would have no hesitation in recommending the P226 - I love it!

Kind regards,

John

If It’s JM Recommended I might even have a look !

Thanks for the link to the JSR adapter have looked previously and not found one. Agree with the above comments regarding the P226, feels good to shoot, the CO2 loading is the simplest on all my pistols. The aim point on mine is also low and to the left, but easy to compensate for and gives a good amount of shoots per capsule. I use Umarex Mosquito pellets with good results.
    Last edited by mark64; 22-11-2017 at 10:33 PM.

I bought one secondhand - after a few shots the end of the slide broke off!

I had thought the blowback action was incredibly powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    If It’s JM Recommended I might even have a look !
    I think you will like it....

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I think you will like it....
    I've not looked at these since they were released, initially I wasn't impressed and the rifles were a real let down, but maybe time to revisit it. I really like Sig guns, and I think my initial hatred for them came partly from me perhaps expecting a couple of airgun unicorns that in hindsight were never going to show up so I probably was unfair and a little harsh in my opinion.

I might have to revisit the pistols for another look, have there been any changes ??
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Never used one. Some reviews suggest they sometimes do not shoot to available points of aim.
    Thanks. I looked at at least 1 video on how to remove slide play to apparently resolve that issue by ensuring the slide and barrel remain aligned.

I was instead considering getting something like the USM rail and a red dot sight (although that lot is quite bulky), or just something simple like an under-mount laser.

Of course that presupposes that the barrel is rigid in relation to the frame... but I haven't read anything suggestion that that is not the case.