Thread: Sharp Innova

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just completed this Innova rebuild: a very kind member on here, ken69, sent me an original yellow sticker for inside the pump handle ("LUBRICATION: feed motoroil only to three pins").
    I put a scope enhancer on this little eighties Nikko Stirling scope. It does help. And it looks a bit like the Innova in the advert below.

Cheers, Louis

Another stunning Innova, I wish I didn't sell mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Just completed this Innova rebuild: a very kind member on here, ken69, sent me an original yellow sticker for inside the pump handle ("LUBRICATION: feed motoroil only to three pins").
    I put a scope enhancer on this little eighties Nikko Stirling scope. It does help. And it looks a bit like the Innova in the advert below.

Cheers, Louis

Great thread.

Two things that made the Innova so well received were price, and they were light weight. A BSA Mercury or Webley Vulcan MK1 were the closest in price and weight. Half the price of a HW35E or FWB Sport.

Whisper fitted they were very quiet.
    Plinking then pumping lost its appeal. Heck, even a zeroing session was enough. I never got confident just what power I had pumped in, though accuracy at farmyard ranges seemed very good. The lightness had its positives and negatives. So light hard to hold steady, but at least young people could hold it in the aim unsupported.
    Trigger was fine and better than the tough Webleys.
    Maintenance was quite involved and many were messed up from tinkering.

All that pumping didn't work for me, but I can see how someone could be a Jap sniper with one.
    PCP's do it all now.