I remember 4x20 scopes that we would take apart and clean while out shooting on wet days. Pellets were usually Marksman, occasionally wasps if someone’s dad went to Scats farm store for us.

I lusted after an Optima Moonlighter, and now I have one on my very own, and very special HW80.

We knew someone who has a .177, we treated him worse than a ginger stepchild, but he still kept coming hunting with us.
Hunting! That normally consisted of us all running through the woods scaring squirrels into the trees. Once we saw one we would surround it and throw so much lead into the air that something had to hit it!
Occasionally we would lay in wait, but lost patience usually after half an hour or so, and we would start shooting at inanimate objects, animate objects, or each other.

Lastly there was pigeon roost shooting. There was a thick fir wood where they liked to go, we would get there before dusk and pick them off by silhouette in the darkening sky. Headshots weren’t an option and chest shots always failed as the crop usually stopped the shot. So the Texas bum-shot was born, and I still use it to this day.