Thread: Any Gen 5 Maks about?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seen a video of these slimmer framed pistols which shows the bottom cut at the sides that joins the front to the back so if you take the grips off the frame springs in and out and is not solid like the original or early gen mak frames unless this was a one off. Remember a co2 mag has to fit with bottle which I believe is wider than a single stack 9mm mag.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Seen a video of these slimmer framed pistols which shows the bottom cut at the sides that joins the front to the back so if you take the grips off the frame springs in and out and is not solid like the original or early gen mak frames unless this was a one off. Remember a co2 mag has to fit with bottle which I believe is wider than a single stack 9mm mag.

That was a widely reported "problem" with the Gen 5. However, I would suggest if you spend your time removing the mag and grips so you can squeeze your pistol you have deeper issues to worry about.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I had a Gen 5 Mak for a while.

Nostalgia really (they don't shoot very accurately - what bb gun does?) because I lived abroad and once owned the real powder burner.

It wasn't possible to remove the leaf spring at the back of the grip area to disassemble the gun. Looked like it had been riveted in.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    That was a widely reported "problem" with the Gen 5. However, I would suggest if you spend your time removing the mag and grips so you can squeeze your pistol you have deeper issues to worry about.
    The video demonstrated the problem. If I had a mak like that I wouldn't buy it in the first place, I'd rather buy the earlier generations and not waste my time as the video demonstrated for me.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    The video demonstrated the problem. If I had a mak like that I wouldn't buy it in the first place, I'd rather buy the earlier generations and not waste my time as the video demonstrated for me.

Yay! Go you!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>