Thread: Brno Tau 7 Target Pistol, .177, CO2 powered

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Tau 7 s are great. The mk8 is, or was when I bought one few yrs back, still in its development stage. It has/had (design)issues
    The Tau 7 is still made new so theyre not entirely replaced by the mk8.
    200 sounds like a fair price for uk market
    Thank you for your advice and every one of the posts have said it's a good pistol easy to maintain cheaper parts so I quess it's up to me to find what pellet she will like I was thinking along the lines of the pistol was made in checkzolv so JSB pellets are made there may be pistol would like them I have some flat head R10 pellets so I'll try them first for grouping see how they fare
    Thanks for your post
    From frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Thank you for your advice and every one of the posts have said it's a good pistol easy to maintain cheaper parts so I quess it's up to me to find what pellet she will like I was thinking along the lines of the pistol was made in checkzolv so JSB pellets are made there may be pistol would like them I have some flat head R10 pellets so I'll try them first for grouping see how they fare
    Thanks for your post
    From frank
    R10's will work just fine, I never found the pistol pellet fussy at all and actually shot just as good with Geco's (about half the price of R10's)

With regards to glasses unless you actually need an optical lens they're not essential, I started with a head band and a piece of plastic milk bottle cut to the shape of a blinder, worked fine, I later purchased a "proper" blinder for £22 and it was basically a piece of opaque plastic that looked just like the piece of milk bottle I had been using

It's very easy to get caught up in all the lenses, blinder's, iris's stuff but the best thing that you can do to improve your shooting is spend the money on pellets and practice, technique is paramount to good shooting and you can't buy that, most of the stuff I bought when I started is sitting in boxes. If you do require an optical lens Varga make a set of frame's for around £80 that are absolutely fine and spec savers can make a lens up for around £40, I'll check with the shop that they still have the grip, probably have as it's sitting in a box of bit's out back.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

yep jsb match work best accuracy wise in all my tau 7s. No need nor use for rws r10
    Do test with various sizes too
    ATB,
    yana

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Glasses

If you have a long vision prescription pistol glasses make a big difference, get the lens to focus for distance to foresight, I have an old pair of Knoblochs, much better than Varga's, they've been repaired, but good condition, with 37 mm pistol lens holder, and blinder adjustable for all positions, They are my spare pair for kids we coach, but not been used for years, you can have them for £50 posted

email me on robin.carter80@ntlworld.com

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I found the pilkguns website invaluable for learning technique without any help. The lad has a way with words
    http://www.pilkguns.com/pistolcoaching-shtml/
    Definitely start with the hitchhiker guide... it's brilliant.
    I had little to no 1-1 coaching and with reading e everything I could find and practising A LOT, my on after 6 months this was 86 which I thought was not too shabby.
    If your gun has a dry fire feature you can practise in the house... let off is probably the most important part of pistol shooting... you can practise with just a black dot on a wall - it doesn't even have to be 10m, you are just getting your mind and your finger engaged - or disengaged as the case may be - totally zen man !!!
    Donald

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I found the pilkguns website invaluable for learning technique without any help. The lad has a way with words
    http://www.pilkguns.com/pistolcoaching-shtml/
    Definitely start with the hitchhiker guide... it's brilliant.
    I had little to no 1-1 coaching and with reading e everything I could find and practising A LOT, my on after 6 months this was 86 which I thought was not too shabby.
    If your gun has a dry fire feature you can practise in the house... let off is probably the most important part of pistol shooting... you can practise with just a black dot on a wall - it doesn't even have to be 10m, you are just getting your mind and your finger engaged - or disengaged as the case may be - totally zen man !!!
    Hi Donld and thanks for the heads up on pilk guide what a gold nugget for some one starting out I've tried the blank wall raising your arm while eyes are shut I have now got my natural and comfortable arm position with no pistol in my hand next step will be to place pistol in my hand in such a way that it to is comfortable and natural with my posture so once that's done.I can move on to trigger.
    Which brings me on to dry firing to get practise at trigger control so how do I dry fire my pistol please do I wait till c02 run out so I csn use trigger as with c02 charged I could not possibly shoot pistol in the house Wife would moan alot any help please guys.

PS the pistol No is TAU--7 T91124 calibre 177
    Czech Republic
    Can't find any more numbers unless they are under
    Front or rear grips which Im frighten to take off at moment incase somthing flies out yes a real novices
    Don't want to break owt so any information on my pistol Age. model. As it got a dry firing button I don't know thanks again
    From frank
    B.S.A.R Member

No dry fire button as such.

Follow the second link that I provided in post #4. That is a Pilkgun guide to the Tau 7, it shows how to make a dry fire device, which seems to be a means of preventing the cocked hammer from stricking the gas valve. Not made one myself, but looks viable if you want that option.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    If you have a long vision prescription pistol glasses make a big difference, get the lens to focus for distance to foresight, I have an old pair of Knoblochs, much better than Varga's, they've been repaired, but good condition, with 37 mm pistol lens holder, and blinder adjustable for all positions, They are my spare pair for kids we coach, but not been used for years, you can have them for £50 posted

email me on robin.carter80@ntlworld.com

Have Fun
    Robin
    Thank you Robin I am now sorted glasses wise in one of the post I've received along with PM all with very good information my eyes are not to bad and with the right lens in my right lens I should be ok thankyou for offering your stand by optics very kind of you thanks from Frank
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    yep jsb match work best accuracy wise in all my tau 7s. No need nor use for rws r10
    Do test with various sizes too
    Thank you I do like JSB And they are at the moment readily available to buy here down south
    B.S.A.R Member