Thread: High End Scopes Quality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So true, Russ...

Got to respect a Leica man, AG.....

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    So true, Russ...

Got to respect a Leica man, AG.....
    About the only decent buys that I made my friend. I used to be very seriously into photography and and I must have over £8000.00 worth of digital cameras, both Nikon and Canon, that are not worth the postage if anyone ever bought them for fun. I 'd probably get my money back on the Leicas. Lovely stuff to work with particularly my old M3.

Regards,

A.G

As an aside , Leica have been manufacturing microscopes in china for few years to compete in the bottom end of the market. Quality looks ok on the outside. But not a patch on the old stuff inside.
    High end scopes not only have good glass, but also fine build tolerances internally for accurate adjustment.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

I was on the Highland Outdoor stand at the shooting show and couldn't believe how good the Nikko Sterling were.
    If they can be that good for a budget then the top drawer stuff should be amazing

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

You need to look through the scope in poor light or at dusk to assess the quality of the glass.
    Last edited by silva; 25-02-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    I was on the Highland Outdoor stand at the shooting show and couldn't believe how good the Nikko Sterling were.
    If they can be that good for a budget then the top drawer stuff should be amazing

BBF
    The lens quality of the scope should be judged while in action under challenging lighting conditions. The other part of the highend scopes is the mechanics that are way better than the cheap China made stuff. Tracking ability of the turrets is another.

A.G