Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most sorely missed airgun manufacturer?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Most sorely missed airgun manufacturer?

There's been a few airgun makers fallen by the wayside in the last few decades - who do you miss the most, and why?
    What would have saved them from the liquidators?

I always thought Falcon knocked out some cute little rifles and almost bought one for my first PCP, but Brocock seems to be filling their niche now (is there a connection between the two?).
    Never really experienced a Theoben but the owners who are happy with their guns seem to be very happy. Less said about the others the better.
    I suppose Webley could also conceivably be on the list, as it is just a badge now.
    Good deals with these members

Both BSA and Webley. It's a pity that neither have any genuine springers of their own any more.

That said, the market was there for them, same as it was for everyone else. And BSA can at least still hold their own with a reasonable pcp if they put their mind to it.

They both still exist as far as their names go so who knows? Perhaps there's still hope that at some point they might throw out a gem, even if it's only a badge engineered one..

I bought a Falcon Prairie. It's a pretty gun, but once acquired by NSP who own Air Arms, it was a bit like going out with the looker in the class, only to find that its her plainer sister s410 who was the real catch, who could cook, you could have fun with and who goes like a train....
    Last edited by Taz72; 15-04-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Got to be Theoben UK.

For me it would have to be Webley&Scott,the Tomahawk and Longbow rifles they produced are great looking and performing rifles.With the added input of the Venom custom shop team ,who know's what they could have produced.
    It would be great if Bsa would build us some thing of quality to match Hw or AA.
    Les..

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Got to be Theoben UK.
    For me as well. The Rapid and the Evolution are both unbeatable rifles in my eyes. The Rapid is the Ak47 of the airgun world. Pig ugly and agricultural but built to last.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    For me it would have to be Webley&Scott,the Tomahawk and Longbow rifles they produced are great looking and performing rifles.With the added input of the Venom custom shop team ,who know's what they could have produced.
    It would be great if Bsa would build us some thing of quality to match Hw or AA.
    Les..
    Same here. And by all accounts their PCPs (Axsor, FX, Raider) weren’t bad either.

Springer-wise, I also wish that BSF had survived and been able properly to update its basically 1950s rifle line through the 1980s, rather than being limited to putting the S70 action in a stupid stock (S80).

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Les..
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Same here. And by all accounts their PCPs (Axsor, FX, Raider) weren’t bad either.

Springer-wise, I also wish that BSF had survived and been able properly to update its basically 1950s rifle line through the 1980s, rather than being limited to putting the S70 action in a stupid stock (S80).
    For me, too.

Webley was / is part of our heritage and it's such a shame that, although the name survives, Webley no longer produce. Some classic Webleys from the past and, with the Venom influence, things were looking rosy.

BSA. Although foreign owned now and making guns in Brum, it would be lovely to see a new springer or even some modernised Mercury and Airsporter rotary breech rifles.

And just think what may have been achieved at BSF with more modern thinking and technology.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Like many of you, I miss Falcon and Theoben / Impact Arms.

(Impact Arms = Theoben minus the legendary customer service )

Falcon and Theoben for me
    Falcon Prairie CS.22 Huntsmans .20 Theoben .20 & .22 FAC

Theoben for pcp...

BSF for springers...

Never mind Falcon even that I love-em---TITAN was the dogs dangles the MPT carbine whish I had one now Falcon did the dirty on mr bowett the man behind Titan his design for the self regulating Valve system has being used by many airgun makers throughout the years and is still used in some today--- another maker has to be Parker hale

Theoben, accurate, reliable and beautiful guns as standard I love my rammers and would love to see these super rifles resurrected

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    T J Harrington....
    That's a corker

I was gutted about Theoben going, as others have said. But the Rapid will always live on!
    Alros produced some interesting air rifles and I still run a Trailsman. I guess Colchester Gameskeeper falls into the same category.
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'