Thread: Entry level benchrest scopes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    I shot an original 75 last year, with a Bushnell 6-24x40 front AO scope. Won springer class at the club with the setup.
    The long scope helps the scope Bell be forward of the loading port, so more space under the scope.

I have also used old tasco 32x, a tasco custom shop 10-40x, optimate 36x44 all of which were £150 or less.

The optimate was later badged as a weaver.

I still use the Bushnell on my TX200 springer.
    Geoff
    In your world, how do Springer scores compare to PCP results, I shoot BR for fun at my local range, I use bean bag as a front rest and non trigger hand for rear.
    I have managed to score 240 for PCP and 220 for springer, nothing to shout about but I basically shoot my guns against each other

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kennett View Post
    Geoff
    In your world, how do Springer scores compare to PCP results, I shoot BR for fun at my local range, I use bean bag as a front rest and non trigger hand for rear.
    I have managed to score 240 for PCP and 220 for springer, nothing to shout about but I basically shoot my guns against each other
    I think your doing pretty well with the springer by comparison with the PCP :-)

A lot of springer scores seem to be well off the mark in comparison to a PCP, the key with a springer is still the hold, hard rest, soft rest, front grip, rear only, it drove me nuts! And that was with FWB300s and Original 75s which are supposed to be re-coilless... Im just sticking to a TX200 now, sure its got recoil, but its more consistant in a true springer kind of way, and more joy hitting a 10 when they come.
    Thanks - Geoff.

There's a tasco custom shop 10-40x56 on the bay just now, mays of London is selling... looking at it for about 100 quid.. any good or is it a bit of a chance?
    Donald

Good enough scope, especially for £100.
    They are quite “large” but that’s ok on a BR rifle.
    It will get you going no problem :-)
    Thanks - Geoff.

I watched it go for 137
    Donald

Benchrest scope

Have used the tasco custom shop 10-40x56 and found it worked well but really large. A fellow club member uses the sightron sll 36x42 and having looked through it was very impressed. Very clear optics and fine cross hairs and target dot. Would be worth considering.

Still good value for 137, where can you get a 40x scope for that?
    Thanks - Geoff.