Thread: Why I am Beginning To Change My Mind About Sub12 Hunting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Even if you were a world champion it would only be luck for a humaine quick kill because animals move, so shot placement is unreliable.
    And that would be the same if you used a higher powered airgun or powder burner .

so are you saying hunting with ALL firearms should be banned ?

Or should we do as Murphy says and use a .50bmg to shoot animals as even if you hit its eyelash it will still blow it to pieces

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    And that would be the same if you used a higher powered airgun or powder burner .

Or should we do as Murphy says and use a .50bmg to shoot animals as even if you hit its eyelash it will still blow it to pieces
    The only way to be sure is landmines I reckon
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    The only way to be sure is landmines I reckon
    already banned for that reason alone I hear. It leaves nothing to sell to the butchers .

As hunters we should all try to be good sportsmen and do our very best to be as humane as possible. But we must recognise it is not a perfect science. Respect your quarry.
    Let us also remember that the Natural World is by far the cruelest of them all. Even human industrialisation can't match it. Most humans haven't any clue what is done on their behalf to provide for their needs and wants. At least a good sportsman recognises the magnitude and responsibility of what they are doing, and what they are doing is quite natural and normal and nothing we haven't been doing from the very beginning.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Well, not really.

The movement required to make a 12 Fp airgun pellet miss the brain is miniscule - 8-10mm ?
    The movement required to miss a heart/lung shot with a .22 RF or 30 FP airgun is more like an inch.
    The heart/lung target area is much larger, but is only really an option when you have more power.

This is what I found when I hunted with FAC air and RF anyways - it probably only extended my range from sub 12 40 yards to FAC 55 yards - but it meant I didnt need to aim for the tiny brain of my quary for every shot.

Now the HMR allowed much longer ranges, but was just too noisy for someone used to silencer air or .22 subs.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Lets not forget in some countries you can only hunt with real firearms by law. Power wins over accuracy most of the time

And Muskett's comment that the Natural World is by far the cruelest of them all is no excuse for us to forget two wrongs don't make a right, the natural world doesn't have (100 billion neurons in a head) like us that help us to decide if 12 ft/lbs is humane to hunt with LOL