Thread: shot my chrony (again)

shot my chrony (again)

Just in case anyone out there is as moronic as me, and a serial F1 chrony-shooter to boot...

It's possible to replace the LCD with the following item from RS Components LTD (order on line): Reflective 4-digit LCD 5026PHR £4.41 stock number 1847715

I buy them in twos. It takes a soldering iron and about an hour's patience to replace. Better than the very unhelpful option offered by the importers.
    Last edited by chris846; 19-08-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added stock number

Aim a bit higher..!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    I tried to shoot my chrony but I keep missing.

Combro CB625 it is too

That's why they call me Mr.Magoo Lol

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...
    Sorry but i don't see how you can shoot the screen........i have an f1 set out on a long peice of wood,at the end is a concrete slab with a box of rags in front, the chrono is placed on the flat wood a foot in front of the chrono,i have a stoney point rest bag at the other end of the wood.All i have to do is rest it on the bag line it up through the centre of the chrono and shoot the box,simples

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    I tried to shoot my chrony but I keep missing.

Combro CB625 it is too

That's why they call me Mr.Magoo Lol
    Shot mine the other month nice crack sound and ping some bits went flying, apparently at about 215fps sent back to Combro and back to me within 7 days and now back on song, £7.50 for any parts that needed replacing (except the PCB) now you can't get better than that

Simon
    Theoben TTR2 .20 KevG reg, PhilD valve and Ti stem, Bucketboy mod'd barrel and custom silencer / Weihrauch HW100KT .22

Quote Originally Posted by chris846 View Post
    Just in case anyone out there is as moronic as me, and a serial F1 chrony-shooter to boot...

It's possible to replace the LCD with the following item from RS Components LTD (order on line): Reflective 4-digit LCD 5026PHR £4.41 stock number 1847715

I buy them in twos. It takes a soldering iron and about an hour's patience to replace. Better than the very unhelpful option offered by the importers.
    Hi there.It's probably worth investing £7 in an alignment tool,makes it so much easier to use as well...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chris846 View Post

Cheers CHris- you're a star mate

I shot mine last year so now there's only half a display

I'll get a couple ordered forthwith

John

PS, i also killed my Combro but Robin worked his magic on it- i'm a serial chrono killer (as stated under my username )
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Robin is the man,,yeh

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Cheers CHris- you're a star mate

I shot mine last year so now there's only half a display

I'll get a couple ordered forthwith

John

PS, i also killed my Combro but Robin worked his magic on it- i'm a serial chrono killer (as stated under my username )
    I have killed my combro a few times with a HW80 ,they don't like it
    a lot do um,but that "Robin is the man" well done that man.

Easy to do.... All it takes is the 'Lights are on but no-ones home' frame of mind.

I tried out on of those laser boresighters a while ago, and what did I do.... only tries to see if a pellet would land where the laser dot was! (the boresighter was still in the barrel at this time)

So I sympathise with you mate - we all have senior moments occasionally but hopefully with basic safety like the guy in this weeks papers.

Shot mine on the third test.
    Mangaged to patch it up though I feel like an idiot.