Thread: Alros Trailsman - a 'plumber's' modification....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Thanks for the info, just turning up a new exhaust valve for one of these. They are just plain nylon and tend to crack and leak with all the impacts on firing...

Baz
    Post a PIC please. Do you mean the exhaust valve on the air cylinder? Cheers, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    Post a PIC please. Do you mean the exhaust valve on the air cylinder? Cheers, Richard
    Richard, yes the valve hit by the hammer on firing. This rifle is not mine and is back with its owner so I have no pic, but I am going to make another valve the week after Christmas so will take some then.

Regards, Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Richard, yes the valve hit by the hammer on firing. This rifle is not mine and is back with its owner so I have no pic, but I am going to make another valve the week after Christmas so will take some then.

Regards, Baz
    Thanks baz - .Would greatly appreciate it if you can squeeze some pics onto the thread as suggested when you do the next exhaust valve 'repair' as would be good to have all the references in one place....
    .... But mainly because I would like to see and know how to deal with any similar future problem on my gun.

Seasons greeting s to all who chance this way in the meantime!!!!

Richard

Hi! I've been thinking about getting one of these but can't see the pics for the mods, can you please upload them again if you have them? I think the Photobucket account must be out of date, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Hi! I've been thinking about getting one of these but can't see the pics for the mods, can you please upload them again if you have them? I think the Photobucket account must be out of date, cheers!
    Have just checked and they seem to be all there. Clicked the links from my fone as all to check and loaded OK. Try again. If you are really struggling I can always email later this evening

Ah.. must be my end then, sorry! I'll try another browser.

Brilliant pics! Think I'll just scratch build one of these and not spend 465gbp on one! Such a simple but effective design, iconic too if you like the old Day The Jackal film, would be a tad harder to build a remote controlled Minigun from the newer film!

They truly are a very simple gun. Let me know if you need any other pics and I will happily send them over. And surprisingly accurate too as the barrel seats perfectly ever time you screw it in. My current set up took very little tweaking... And is far more consistent in shot delivery than I expected....

.... And I get a big smile on my face every time I use it. What more could you ask for?