Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Not a problem for me . What other colour do you want me to use that suits your vision ?
    Post 573 your red bits don’t show when quoted

Any way, I’ve just noted your Scottish so what has this particularly English problem got to do with you in the first place? All your GLs are still in place!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Post 573 your red bits don’t show when quoted Your the first that has said this so the issue is possibly on your end

Any way, I’ve just noted your Scottish so what has this particularly English problem got to do with you in the first place? All your GLs are still in place!
    Because I'm scottish I don't have an opinion on whats going on in England . For all you know I could be living in England and not changed my location in my profile like many have also not done on here

Because I'm scottish I don't have an opinion on whats going on in England . For all you know I could be living in England and not changed my location in my profile like many have also not done on here
    So have you?
    Thanks for looking

So have you?
    what does it matter ? do you have to live in a country to have a say on what's going on in it ? do you ever have a say in matters that happen in Scotland .show me the ruling on the BBS that says I have to stick to subjects in the country that I have listed in my profile ?

what does it matter ? do you have to live in a country to have a say on what's going on in it ? do you ever have a say in matters that happen in Scotland .show me the ruling on the BBS that says I have to stick to subjects in the country that I have listed in my profile ?
    Is there a BBS rule that says your profile should show your accurate location?
    Thanks for looking

Is there a BBS rule that says your profile should show your accurate location?
    For sales yes

Before you post an advert or a response to an advert on the BBS, please type the name of your nearest or postal town into your User Profile.

To do this, first, click on 'Settings' at the top right of the screen then, click on 'Edit Profile' on the list down the left hand side of your screen, and into the space provided, type the name of your town into 'Nearest town (not your county)'. Hit 'Save Changes'' at the bottom of the page and you're done.

This rule is to help protect BBS members from fraudsters and from former members who have been banned for trading irregularities, and who try to get back onto the BBS under a new identity. Knowing their location makes it easier for the mods to identify them so that they can be banned from the BBS.

Aberdeenshire is not a town and I don't post sales Ads often and when I do I change my location back to my local town .

I change it to aberdeenshire for the similar reason you changed your username Privacy

Let's stick to the topic in hand lads, nets and where someone resides doesn't come into this.

Carry on

For sales yes

Before you post an advert or a response to an advert on the BBS, please type the name of your nearest or postal town into your User Profile.

To do this, first, click on 'Settings' at the top right of the screen then, click on 'Edit Profile' on the list down the left hand side of your screen, and into the space provided, type the name of your town into 'Nearest town (not your county)'. Hit 'Save Changes'' at the bottom of the page and you're done.

This rule is to help protect BBS members from fraudsters and from former members who have been banned for trading irregularities, and who try to get back onto the BBS under a new identity. Knowing their location makes it easier for the mods to identify them so that they can be banned from the BBS.

Aberdeenshire is not a town and I don't post sales Ads often and when I do I change my location back to my local town .

I change it to aberdeenshire for the similar reason you changed your username Privacy
    Ah I would expect nothing less
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by bight View Post
    We are not, just you are arguing for the bureaucracy mess the GM is in, as if the law is sensible...which it isn't.
    And your alternative suggestions smack of a KFC Urban Conservationist with no clue to the practicality of it all.
    Plus to add insult you wouldn't allow Mr Allotment Man his pigeon pie unless he has done it as part of pest control, sent off for a license, proved he has tried other means, and recoded it all. And then suggesting he covers his allotment in plastic netting.
    Is it me or is that daft?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    to add insult you wouldn't allow Mr Allotment Man his pigeon pie unless he has done it as part of pest control, sent off for a license, proved he has tried other means, and recoded it all. And then suggesting he covers his allotment in plastic netting.
    Is it me or is that daft?
    No it is and has been the law. Nothing has changed. He wasn't allowed to off pigeons for pie or pest control over a cabbage patch. The GL was for serious damage.

Again, jumping up and down crying wahh it's not fair doesn't change that what you seem to consider right hasn't been legal for a long time. Just because people thought it was, just because you think it should be, doesn't change it one single jot.

All it does is reinforce the idea that there were people out there before this shooting things outside of the GL. If you want to give those you oppose more ammunition then carry on. You are (almost) single handedly backing up WJ's point.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    No it is and has been the law. Nothing has changed. He wasn't allowed to off pigeons for pie or pest control over a cabbage patch. The GL was for serious damage.

Again, jumping up and down crying wahh it's not fair doesn't change that what you seem to consider right hasn't been legal for a long time. Just because people thought it was, just because you think it should be, doesn't change it one single jot.

All it does is reinforce the idea that there were people out there before this shooting things outside of the GL. If you want to give those you oppose more ammunition then carry on. You are (almost) single handedly backing up WJ's point.
    Top post, Rob