Thread: .308W loads

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    You have a .308 Win calibre K31?

Oy.

tac
    www.swissrifles.com
    did I say that?
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    FU! don't you have a dedicated thread to service ?
    Don't remind me!

I've never seen so many grown men make fannies of themselves so thoroughly...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFF EYED DOYLE View Post
    Nick
    My pet load for .308 was 44.5GN of N140 behind a 155 scenar.
    For the past year or so I haven't bothered reloading as 155 grain NRA issued GGG ammunition shoots on a par with my reloads and price wise doesnt cost me a great deal more than reloading.

+1 on 44.5grn of N140 behind a 155 SMK (2155 or 2156) or Lapua bullet head. Use this in a few rifles, (I always full length size cases)

20inch Remington 700 gives 2666fps

26inch Remington 700 gives 2780fps

30inch Barnard P action with true flite barrel gives 2950fps

This isn't really a hot load and would probably be fine in your AI AT but ALWAYS start lower say 42.5grn and work up.

I haven't shot any GGG ammo but might pick some up to try.

Good luck and please post pics of how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    did I say that?
    'My biggest problem with the .308 at a 1000 is that the K31 is so much more satisfying...'

Please untangle that line for me.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    'My biggest problem with the .308 at a 1000 is that the K31 is so much more satisfying...'

Please untangle that line for me.

tac
    OK here goes..... my biggest problem with the .308 at a 1000yrds is that I prefer using my K31 with its iron sights to my .308 with its bipod and scope.. sorry I really thought the original was self explanatory, although the phrasing could be considered Englishcentric, I'm pretty sure those it was aimed at "got it" and who cares what Amir "got" as it is probably not something that should be discussed in polite society
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Amir would like to point out that the word for the concept of "englishcentric" in the language of the English themselves is "anglocentric".

Amir is greatly amused and much pleased at this opportunity.

"An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
    Amir would like to point out that the word for the concept of "englishcentric" in the language of the English themselves is "anglocentric".

Amir is greatly amused and much pleased at this opportunity.

Is Amir aware that referring to oneself in the third person is a classic sign of being a sociopath??
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Is Amir aware that referring to oneself in the third person is a classic sign of being a sociopath??
    Sociopaths and pugilists Boydy, Amir replies before punching the typist in the face and screaming "damn the world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    You read any Julius Caesar?
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)