Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
Revolver, rifled, ball (swaged, soft).

But in fact quite interested to hear about all experiences with this powder, which is why I was not specific.
Sorry, can't help you at all, since I've never heard of it. That, of course, means diddly, since there will undoubtedly be folks here who know all about it.

However - average loads for a replica .44cal BP revolver in good condition range from around 20 - 40gr of average quality 3Fg, depending on how much commotion you are after at either end of it. Swiss BP, being of a far higher quality than the stuff that we otherwise get, gets loaded with around 10% less load than TS2, maybe even 20%, since, IMO, TS2 is on a par with shooting chicken droppings by comparison. GOEX is good, too, if you can ever get it in this country. Most BP shooters in North America, me included, shoot the various grades of that brand with great success.

Replica single shot target/duelling pistols of the LePage/Moore/Mortimer/Kuchenreuter/Mang in Graz variety like between 15 - 25gr or so - patched ball is the norm there. Flintlock or percussion is immaterial.

Smooth-bore pistols need around 25gr up to 40gr for this rather small-bore of .44cal. Patched, too.

Your initial question about loads leads me to suspect that you are new to shooting BP handguns, and if this be the case, then this is undoubtedly THE place in UK to get wised up on the subject. Many folks here have been shooting since BP was all there was to shoot. So I'm told.

So ask away.

tac