Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
I quite fancied a 30s but not anymore. As much as I love HW's I quickly flipped a newish 95 and 99, had qc issues with my 97 from Holland which I still own along with two 90's which are excellent and a battered old 35 export that shoots very nice. Ready this thread reminds me of reading about the qc of a smk b2 costing £40 new, not nearly £200. In my mind you might as well buy a Remington express or hatsan 60/55 do less work and end up with a cracking gun for a third of the price, I know I've done it.
What I don't understand surely the machining is more precise with cnc etc now than 30 years ago, when human error was more a possibility?
Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
peddy,

It is odd that HW continue to put out, what you might call sh!te, despite being very well aware of the issues that some of their rifles have

I know the vendors of my HW30S forwarded my photos of the disgracefully bad state the 30S was in,to Weihrauch, but they too have had no reply

All my HW rifles (HW30S, HW99S, and HW95 SuperMatch), have all needed fettling to arrive at their current sublime state.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
I know where you're coming from, Peddy, and yes, it is somewhat both puzzling and frustrating.

But, once suitably fettled, as Russ says, they are so sublime to shoot; quality barrels, triggers etc. And, despite these well documented issues, they never seem to fail to find buyers on the secondhand market. Many of the budget guns, as competent as they may be, won't be able to boast these credentials and do not seem to attract buyers easily, even when priced very cheaply. And I have spoken to a few RFDs in the past who, although seemingly more than willing to sell new Chinese guns refuse to take them in part exchange once the owner wants to upgrade.